LegacyGT.com

My Security Light Is On...Need Help?

I went to start my LGT this morning and it would'nt crank. When I put the key into the ignition, I get a solid red security light, so it's preventing the car to start. I only have a factory alarm with no remote starter.

Things I've tried:

Disconnected the battery, hold the brakes for a minute, reconnected the battery after 30 minutes

Open the door, close the door, arm and disarm the car, hold the discarm button for a few seconds.

I turn the key to the 'on' position and off, back and fourth for 15 times.

So at this time, I do need help from you guys. Does anyone have any other ideas that might resolve this issue?

When you reconnected the battery, did you keep the key in the "On" position for 30 seconds before cranking?

You may want to look into the test connectors in the dash fuse box and the trip odometer diagnostic mode. Search "ER IU".

No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

I will disconnect the battery and leave it in the "on" position for 10 minutes and see what happens. If that doesn't fix it, the it seems like I need to have my immobilizer reset by the dealer.

Just to be clear, I mean:

1. Reconnect the battery

2. Turn ignition to "On"

3. Wait 30 seconds

4. Turn to "Start"

It was explained to me the Body Integrated Unit (BIU) needs a few seconds to boot the first time after losing power. I was having some immobilizer wonkiness (technical term) when I got my ignition lock cylinder replaced at the dealership. My car would start but I couldn't engage the cruise. May not be the exact same problem, but it's worth a shot.

No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

I pretty just repeated all the steps I've tried before...then

disconnected the battery

turn key to the on position

then the next day reconnected the battery

started the car and it worked

So far the car has been starting up just fine now, so hopefully it's fixed.

Hope the damn thing doesn't decide to pull it's crap on you again 100 miles from home. I would see if there's a way to permanently disable the immobilizer and if you find a way, post it for everyone. I'm sure there are many on here, including me, that would do THAT mod just for the peace of mind.

• 5 years later...
i have a similar problem with the security light except mine blinks twice every couple of seconds. people are saying that it means valet mode or something. ive been reading around a bunch and theres a way to turn it off in your owners manual. i tried it with mine and it didnt work. any ideas???

Archived