LegacyGT.com

Anyone order from diode dynamics before?

1-3-2-4

I actually just bought some dirt cheap led festoon bulbs from Amazon. A total of 8, 31mm festoon LEDs with 12smds on each (equivilrnt to stage 3 in diode dynamics). 8 bright LEDs came out to $8 by cutequeen. Installed in front map lights, dome, and front door lights. One of the 8 didn't work, but the others are perfect. It is a bit snug but they work awesome!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G18CZN0?ie=UTF8&at=&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links]Amazon.com: Cutequeen Trading 8pcs White 31mm(1.25") 5050 4 Smd 72 Lumens 12v Festoon Dome Light LED Bulbs De3175 De3021 De3022 3175(pack of 8): Automotive[/ame]

I've bought a few things from Diode and I have to say, that while I've run in to a few issues, their customer service was extremely impressive. Because of this, I will buy all of my LED's through them without a second thought. I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone asking.

Of course, it seems I'm a bit late since the trigger hath been pulled, but at least it can be helpful to others with the same questions.

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

I actually just bought some dirt cheap led festoon bulbs from Amazon. A total of 8, 31mm festoon LEDs with 12smds on each (equivilrnt to stage 3 in diode dynamics). 8 bright LEDs came out to $8 by cutequeen. Installed in front map lights, dome, and front door lights. One of the 8 didn't work, but the others are perfect. It is a bit snug but they work awesome!

Amazon.com: Cutequeen Trading 8pcs White 31mm(1.25") 5050 4 Smd 72 Lumens 12v Festoon Dome Light LED Bulbs De3175 De3021 De3022 3175(pack of 8): Automotive

Those do not fit what so ever in the map lights I think i'm just going to order from diode dynamics, the issue is you have to bent the holders so much that the slightest touch will cause it to slip and fall.

Oh and also the passenger side door light does not seem to work, anyone have this issue before?

They were a little snug but they definitely will not move once you get them in. Bend the metal contacts back just a tad. Put one end of the festoon in the hole in the metal contact, push the other side into the hole on the opposite contact. Before you put them in, touch the led to the contacts and see if it the light works first. Leds are polarity sensitive.

Got the Stg3 map and puddle lights. Ridiculously bright. Easy to install, solid fit, very pleased. Get tons of compliments on the puddle lights, and the bright-ass map lights make finding my car in a dark parking lot very, very easy.

• 2 weeks later...

love all my diode dynamics LED's I even swapped them in my girlfriends jeep because she parks in a dark lot for work, she clicks her car while walking to it and the interior is lit up like yankee stadium.

well worth it for looks, and performance.

• 3 weeks later...

I think DD has the highest quality LED bulbs you can get, and their lumen output ratings are actually measured on a test rig.

With that said, I'm getting cheap as I get older so I went the Amazon route.

Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

Archived