LegacyGT.com

BRAKE LIGHT CAME ON! i don't know why?

djsnoops

here's the story..and i need advice and some help...

i just put on my new rims and tires yesterday.. rims are 17x8 tires are 235/40/17. The car drives fine..in fact better as i was driving home on the highway. however, i started hearing this drone/moaning sound as i was approaching a stop/red light or slowing down. the sound was still present as i picked up speed. and then today..i turned my car on.. as i was going home my brake light indicator went off.. i had no idea so i played with the e-brake and that didnt solve it. i drove a little more and the light turned off. it then turned back on after i left a red light. it once again turned off and then on after i left another red .. as of right now the light is just staying on.. so my question is any of this related to my new tires/wheels including the sound? could it be a bearing? and how bout the brake light?

check your brake fluid- low fluid means your light will come on.

low fluid also means that its leaking somewhere, so if your low on fluid, your second step is to figure out why. the noise can be anything. they might or might not be related.

The noise could be the tread from your tires. Research the tire on tirerack.com and see what they say about road noise. Do you notice it coming from a specific corner of the car?

And I agree with whatisit, check your brake fluid level.

1.) the noise it seems like its coming from the front of the car and its very noticeable when slowing down. 2) i thought it was the tread? cause the tires are so new and it might take awhile for them to break in properly..the tires are Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs..tirerack has rated them pretty well as an overall tire. 3.) as for the brake light i thought of fluid as the first possible thing..however i just got new brake lines and had the fluid flushed with new motul fluid 3 weeks ago. i will look into it today.

Could the tire installer have damaged an ABS sensor?
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Archived