LegacyGT.com

Traction Control light issue

Was driving my '08 Spec-B the other night and suddenly the traction control light came on saying that it was off. I tried pushing the button to turn it back on but it didn't work and the light stayed on. When I got back in my car later and started driving, the light was off but after about 15minutes of driving highway it turned back on saying the TC was off. Again tried to push the button to get TC back on, but it didn't work. As soon as I turned my car off and restarted the light was off. Happened again saturday night again after at least 15minutes of driving highway. Haven't had it come on again yet but I haven't been out for very long the past few days in it.

Anyone else ever have this issue? Is my traction control actually switching itself off or is it just a glitch in the light? Anyone have any ideas/suggestions as to what might be happening?

Thanks.

Is it just the VDC/traction off light that's coming on, no CEL or ABS light? From what I'm reading, this could be an indication that your coolant temperature is getting too high, which makes sense since you said it occurs after driving 15+ minutes.

YEah just the traction light, no other lights or anything coming on. I don't know if it'd be coolant temp and not sure why that would affect traction control. I can turn my car off and immediately back on the light will go off and about 10-15 minutes later it's back on.

Basically, the vehicle dynamics system communicates with a lot of different components of the car. If something isn't right, the car with automatically disable VDC on its own, traction control is just one feature of VDC. Is your brake fluid level good? From what I understand, that should throw a VDC off light and an ABS light, but worth a shot. I still think it's coolant temperature related, but a number of things can cause the VDC system to go off.

Archived