LegacyGT.com

Blinking CC with no CEL

Hey guys,

Recently noticed the cruise control light is blinking with no CEL. I've read a few possibilities and would like some more input.

Here's what the car has done to it:

Cobb AP with the AP flashed to stage 1, however it's running temporary flash of econ mode.

cat deleted up pipe with EGT sensor removed and deleted. K&N filter. cleaned MAF and IAT sensor(s)

New plugs and moved the coil packs around (it was throwing misfire on 4, however I'm 99% sure it was because the plug on that cylinder was gapped WAY out of spec)

Double checked the gas cap to make sure it was tight.

I just had the car smogged (passed without issue) and the gas cap passed leak down test.

Ideas?

Winning the internet

Yeah I tried to pull any code that might be there but there wasn't anything.

F1 in my case even after shutting the car off and turning it back on again it's still doing it.

I figured if it was resistor failure for the EGT sensor it would CEL and there would be a code.

I've seen this once before when I didn't have the gas cap tight, but in this case, I double checked that and still nothing.

Winning the internet

So updating this thread. No blinking CC light today. Still no clue why the hell it started blinking in the first place.

It would be really nice to know what this means when this thing blinks without CEL.

Winning the internet

Apparently, this may also happen when tires spin out of control (e.g. a couple of times I was pushing the car pretty hard in deep snow and at one point, the CC light started to blink which temporarily disabled the CC. And I had no CEL. Turned off the car. Turned it back on a few minutes later, back to normal. Happened twice. But it's not snowing right, soooo not sure what happened to you..:spin:

Hi,

So I'm sure I didn't hit the Cc button (multiple times) upon shutting the car off and back on again over the course of the day.

I know for a fact that you can invoke this behavior if you don't have a gas cap on. I suspect maybe a false positive reading from the sensor that tests that?

It was very hot out that day and I did just have the gas cap tested (emissions evap test) so possibly the test equipment messed something up temporarily.

I wish someone from SOA could speak up here and provide a definitive answer as to what the blinking Cc light means as it seems all the other threads on here describing this problem are dead ends and nobody seems to actually know what's up (just speculation).

Winning the internet

Happened to me today.

I replaced the right front wheel bearing/hub last night. While driving on the highway, going down a long hill in curise, the car dropped out of CC and the CC light started flashing.

When I got to work. I sshut the car off, than started it, no blinking CC light.

I know I have had to grind down the washer on the neutral safety switch to solve the dropping out of cruise a few years back. But when it did that, I just had to re-set the CC and all was fine, it never flashed.

I'll try CC again on the ride home later today. I did notice it felt like the car saw surging when in CC today ???

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

No codes, I didn't use CC on the drive home. Tomorrow I'll wait until I'm on more level highway before trying CC.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Today, I didn't turn the CC on until after about 10 miles of driving. I turned it on but did not engage it. After about 2-3 minutes, the CC light started flashing.

Called the Auto Parts store. He said the bearing/hub would not effect CC, the wheel speed sensor picks up off the axle.

I guess I'll pull it back out, clean everything in there and try it again.

The hub install went easy, so I'm sure I didn't damage anything.

Ok Here's the fix. I stopped by my trusted mechanic, I have been dealing with him since the mid 1980's. He put this on the car http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale/wholesale-maxidas-ds708-scan-tool.html

Found a hidden code in the ABS system, cleared it, set it up on data logging and told me to go drive the car. He told me what to watch for. I made 6 loops in cruise control on one of the back roads, took it back, all was fine. I left the CC on, drove home, used CC coming across the top of the mountain. All seems fine.

He told me if I ever wanted to use the scanner over the weekend to stop by and pick it up.

Now that's service.

So may be the next time this happens. May be the fix is to pull the battery cable for 15 minutes if you don't have a scan tool.

Yes, I do notice that the car is not smooth in CC now. Thinking about pulling the battery cable for 15 minutes. Then try CC on the drive to work on Monday.

I may do that in the morning it's 96F out on. Just finished putting down some grass seed and a yard of top soil.

It's back...If it wasn't so hot out I might pull the hub back out and see what's up.

But I'll swing by my buddies and see if he wants the car for a day or so. He can tell me whats wrong, if its the hub I'll replace that, if it's something else, I'll let him fix it.

Archived