LegacyGT.com

AIR HORN....yea...I know

massdrewski

Ok. Im looking for something a bit more than a meep meep. Hella super tones are nice and all but I want the big guns. Im talking Full sized air horns.....

Iv looked into it and found that I can locate the Tank to be put in the Spare Tire area. thats solved. Next....the location of the horns.... After carful inspection in the front end I can only think that the most logical place would be the "Air ducts" where my Fog lights should be. I would be able to hide them in there and be able to have that nice ear bleeding sound when people get in my way. I have yet to take out the "Air ducts" and inspect the inside. Any ideas on this subject? I definatly want this done before the Wicked Big Meet up near Boston this spring.

I put Hella airhorns on my friends cars about 5-6 years ago. They were 2 plastic 1' horns that look like the one's on top of tractor trailers with a small compressor that was wired to the battery through a relay controlled by the stock horn buttons. The compressor just spun up when voltage was applied and noise came out (these didn't use a tank). I normally mounted a switch inside the car to allow them to either use the air horns or regular horns depending on the situation.

I typically mounted them up under the bumper somewhere, in front of the front tires seems to be the easiest spot. They are directional but don't really need to be aimed since they put out so much noise (I normally tired to fire them down and forward if possible). The fad kind of burned out after a few months though so I would suggest not spending a fortune on your setup.

Archived