LegacyGT.com

What will fit?

guest user

Hi,

I have just bought a 96 Outback with a bad radio. The radio isn't the factory model, but I'd like to replace it with a newer model factory radio.

Anyone know what newer factory radios will work and fit into this car without making any modifications to the wires or the dash panel?

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the reply.

The opening is a double.

I have another question.

This car has a factory CD controller mounted under the radio. The changer is still under the passenger seat,whether it works or not is in question. From what I can tell,the factory radio must have had 2 plugs on the back, one for the controller and one for the changer.

Can anyone confirm this? And if this is a factory setup,was it worth a darn? Would it be worth trying to restore the system, or is it better to upgrade?

Thanks again.

Thanks, I think I'll need to do a little research on this. The radio that's in the car now does seem to have some control over the changer. I can hear the changer looking for a CD.

Does anyone know how many ohms the factory speakers should have at the radio end of the harness? I'm showing 16 ohms,this seems high to me. Seeing as to how the radio has power,but no sound at all, my thought is the speakers had to many ohms and blew the amp in the radio. Could this happen?

Archived