LegacyGT.com

exhaust sound after downpipe

chaz517

Had my cbe on for a couple weeks now and i just got my car tuned and had a catless downpipe installed as well. I loved the way the cbe sounded before, but now its pretty raspy, and crazy loud. I knew it would obviosuly get a bit louder but, do u guys think it will quiet down at all once it breaks in? I dont want to weld in a resonator because i dont want it to mess up the flow/tune. Thanks

"break in" hahaha sorry thats funny. i have never heard of a tune breaking in. of course its going to get louder, my dad was always complaining how loud my car got when i went stage 2.

it would help us know what kind of a CBE you have and what dp you put on... i have a perrin dp i am thinking about selling that is catted and sounded great matched with an agency power CBE

you will not mess up the tune and the flow won't change much or if any at all if you were to put in a high flow resonator. that should help with the raspy sound.

• I Donated Too
Yeah it will never get quieter, catless downpipe made my car much louder even with a stock catback. THen once I put my car back to stock, I went from catless downpipe with SPT CBE to stock downpipe with SPT exhaust, and it was so much quieter. Even catted downpipes don't quiet it that much. Just drive it like it is

^2 nope sounds horrible. don't listen to him. a buddy of mine bought an exhaust off ebay sounded very nice as well, no droning, looked good etc, right when he went stage 2 it droned. he put a resonator on and problem solved. thats your only option unless you want a better CBE

Yea best bet is to either get a different cbe or weld in a muffler/resonator.

Glad to hear they finally figured out how to tune your car..

Thanks man, appreciate it. And thanks for all the responses. Guess im gonna have to get a hi flo res welded in. Love thepower the car makes now tho haha

• Mega Users
Had my cbe on for a couple weeks now and i just got my car tuned and had a catless downpipe installed as well. I loved the way the cbe sounded before, but now its pretty raspy, and crazy loud. I knew it would obviosuly get a bit louder but, do u guys think it will quiet down at all once it breaks in? I dont want to weld in a resonator because i dont want it to mess up the flow/tune. Thanks

Do you have an FMIC? My car sounded like ish above 3k rpms, I switched from an FMIC to TMIC and problem solved.

i suppose not the coolest, i have catted do and stock cbe and it sounds just right.

This

its the catless downpipe... go to stock CBE, it sounds perfect

and This

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

• 5 months later...
well I officially cant take the raspiness of the exhaust, and its too high pitched for me. I prefer more of the wrx rumble. I purchased a 12in resonator, and hopefully this will help me out enough to make it acceptable, what do u guys think?

When I initially went stage 2, the tuner put on a Perrin catless dp that was for a manual transmission. He didn't mention that until after the fact. Turns out the dp was rubbing against the firewall just behind the turbo.

That dp was loud as $&! It sounded like I was driving a Cummings diesel.

After a couple of days, I couldn't take it anymore. I had him order an Invidia catless dp for the 5eat. Sweet gas pipe batman! I'm back to virtually stock quietness.

I LOVE the Invidia. Zero drone. The only thing I hear is the flutter whistle of the blow off valve.

BTW, my exhaust is stock after the downpipe.

Thanks for the input. Im catless and have an aftermarket cbe, so the noise and mostly the raspiness is what caused me to get a resonator welded in. It helped out immensely! !! Car is much quieter and almost no raspiness

i'm a noob here and didn't want to start a new thread. my gt is bone stock and i'm looking for a low rumble, not a loud diesel sound. so do you all recommend a cbe or would just a downpipe do the trick? and catted or non catted? was thinking erz if downpipe is best option

i'm a noob here and didn't want to start a new thread. my gt is bone stock and i'm looking for a low rumble, not a loud diesel sound. so do you all recommend a cbe or would just a downpipe do the trick? and catted or non catted? was thinking erz if downpipe is best option

just look for some mufflers. avo or x02 seem pretty quiet.

Archived