LegacyGT.com

Creaking/boinging in rear

RedDawg

I've noticed lately that every time i park the car and get out, there's a "boing or creak noise" that comes from the rear driver's side wheel well, kinda sounds like the spring got stuck compressed slightly and then it lets go.

I haven't noticed anything to effect driveablility, is this normal? anyone else have this issue?

and it's not because i'm 300lbs or anything either :lol:

I have the same thing in my 05LGT... and I still haven't been able to pinpoint exactly what it is...

i looked around in there anything out of place last time i had it jacked up for an oil change but couldnt pinpoint anything that looked odd.

only when parking or when slowly going over bumps? in another thread we found a squeaky bushing in the rear driver's side suspension that causes a crunchy creaky sound. the solution was to clean/grease it up. i'll see if i can dig it up later on...

only when parking or when slowly going over bumps? in another thread we found a squeaky bushing in the rear driver's side suspension that causes a crunchy creaky sound. the solution was to clean/grease it up. i'll see if i can dig it up later on...

i've only noticed it when i get out of the car after parking. There's 2 speed bumps in my apt complex that i've driven over with the windows open just to test if i could hear anything, and nothing/silent.

It seems to be only when i climb out of the car.

In for a link to that, I have a similar problem, with the slow bumps, and with getting out of the car. My thought was the parking brake shifting slightly when the weight is lifted off that side of the car. :confused:

• 1 year later...
i had this issue until i did my brake pads recently and the noise disappeared so i don't know if its related :confused:. when it happened, it would creak like a spring or bushing when i got out of my car. it could possibly be the ebrake; when you get out, the car moves just enough for the ebrake to rub something and make a noise. when took my rotor off and cleaned some stuff and put it back it disappeared.

• 3 years later...

Archived