LegacyGT.com

BG5 Liberty - In cabin Air Filter - Air conditioning smells

AlpineRaven

Hey fellas,

I know its slightly off topic here back to older models... anyway - In my Liberty (well you guys call it Legacy) I have 2 problems, whenever I stop using air conditioning

-> on a humid day - the mist goes all over the windscreen - really annoying!

-> When I turn it off once its cool enough, it has really terrible smell, smells like really wet dog a little while from a dirty river!! Image the smell I have to put up with it....

Now, I have 1995 Liberty here 2nd Generation model (same model as from 1994 - 1998 here in Australia.

DO THEY have an air filter in them that Might need cleaning out that might solve the odour smell?? Can you tell me how and if you have any links or pictures would be fabulous... I really want to solve the problem, if not I'm prepared.. oh... now I cannot be bothered is to pull out the whole dash out to give it a damn good clean!

Thanks guys..

Cheers

AP

You may want to try something like "Frigi-Fresh." It is a spray that you spray into the cowl panel which works it's way through your vents. It is meant to reduce odor and disinfect to remove things like mold which can be harmful to your respiratory system.

The cabin filter is located behind the glove box. There are just a few screws holding it in place. Behind that you should be able to see a filter insert if there is one there it is probably in bad need of replacement.

Jackie

Archived