LegacyGT.com

Radio Code on 05 Legacy??

homegrwn97

Just want to know if we have to enter a radio security code if we disable a battery terminal?

I am about to install my home link dimming mirror and I bought my car preowned so Im not sure if there is one or not.

Also...will I loose all my presets if I disable just the negative cable? (Im sure it doesnt matter what battery terminal you take off from the battery...positive or negative or both...you'll lose all the presets...right?)

Thanks in advance! :)

I am about to install my home link dimming mirror and I bought my car preowned so Im not sure if there is one or not.

No offense, but why would you disconnect your battery in this case? Just do the installation with the car off and the key out of the ignition. There's no power to the mirror. I did a similar install. Unless you really like re-programming the presets...

If the positive cable touches the car without being in contact with the battery it will not cause a spark as there is no potential between the disconnected positive cable and the ground (neg side of battery, car, etc...). That said you do want to take the negative cable off first though. This reduces the possibility of causing an inrush overcurrent if the positive cable make intermittent contact with the terminal as it is coming. Same holds true when you put them back on.

Good rle of thumb is, you take you black shoe off before you take your red sock off and you put your red sock on before you put your black show on. (who wears red socks with black shoes I don't know but it works).

Taking the positive side off first increases the chance that the wrench you use to loosen the positive cable will touch something metal in the engine compartment and cause a big spark and make you crap your pants

Fixed. Always remove the negative first. Oh, and remove your Rolex with the metal bracelet.

-- Steve

Archived