LegacyGT.com

Looking to lower my 05 OB LL Bean

I have been searching all over the forums for the best way to lower my outback. I have the 3.0r engine and I read somewhere that the front spring rates are different to accommodate the heavier engine. I was looking into purchasing some Bilstein JDM spec B shock/strut/spring combos and was wondering how much does the different spring rate in the front really matter? I want to go low enough to have little to no wheel gap. Also I am too poor to go spend $1000+ on coilovers so I want something on the cheaper side that will get me low. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks to all

Here is the specific setup I was looking into buying

http://www.sunrisejapanese.com/parts-accessories/coilovers-suspensions/4-bilstein-suspensions-jdm-subaru-legacy-spec-b-2004-2009-bp5-bp9-bpe-shocks-struts-spring.html

That setup will serve you well. The spring rates technically do matter... but it's not something that I would worry about when on a budget. They do make automatic and manual JDM Pink springs (auto is heavier), so you could look for the auto pinks.

If anything, the weight of the H6 will lower the front more and counteract some of the saggy butt.

Basically, devote some time to reading the entire "official lowered outback thread", educate yourself, and decide the best setup to achieve the results you want.

Really it's not as complex as many make it sound. Any Legacy suspension bolts right up. If you install a setup and it's too low, get strut top spacers and longer bolts. Bilstein struts require JDM/specB front top hats. That's about all there is to it.

Go Legacy height, and get a larger wheel setup. If you want little to no wheel gap, coilovers will be the best option. I have very little wheel gap on my Koni setup, but I feel every pot hole on residential streets, and sometimes its unbearable. Thats the trade off for going so low.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just lowered my 3.0R sedan on OEM Legacy sedan struts. The front does sit lower than the rear but I would consider the front perfect and the rear too high. Pretty sure its because the body lift is still in place.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived