LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket Uppipe Issues

Howdy all. Finally, yes, finally considering an uppipe replacement. Looking at the Invidia unit.

Seems a lot of you have gone to this unit with success. Have there been any tuning, CEL, or any other issues that any have experienced?

Good or bad, what have your experiences been?

My invidia solid catless up was good from 08-1 month ago when the weld at the header broke.

The unit I had kept the EGT sensor but if you delete that you'll need a 2.2 ohm resistir for the harness. ($2 for a pack of 5 at radio shack)

It's not a perfect fit (hence the weld stress fracture) and the install is going to require patience. Overall it's an okay piece but I have since gone with the Grimmspeed unit with the flex to eliminate some of that stress.

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

Mine has been in there since Aug 2011, 54,000+ miles works great no fittment issues.

Some say the flex joints will/can leak over time.

If you suppect the welds have it checked before you put it on.

I have the EGT port plugged. The pipe has been great for my needs, the wagon is my DD.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Mine has been in there since Aug 2011, 54,000+ miles works great no fittment issues.

Some say the flex joints will/can leak over time.

If you suppect the welds have it checked before you put it on.

I have the EGT port plugged. The pipe has been great for my needs, the wagon is my DD.

What did you plug your EGT bung with? Looking to plug mine in my cobb, but not sure what to use.

Take the pipe to the auto parts store or Home Depot and find a bolt that will fit. It's a fairly common bolt. You may have to cut the bolt shorter but it will work.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4752.jpg

I also bolt the turbo to the up pipe. Are you replacing the oil return hose too ? they can crack from age.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4783.jpg

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Will do. I was trying to avoid having to remove it and take it to the store, because I'm lazy, but I think that's what I'll need to do. Thanks!

Of course you can confirm! They are all the same EGT sensor and have the same diameter and thread pitch.

Just trying to help prevent brickle from having to remove his up pipe and taking it to a store.

Archived