LegacyGT.com

Sunroof front glass won't tilt

So I searched the forums but didn't see an answer to this question....

The front glass on my LGT sunroof got stuck up the other day. I finally got it down with some nudging and repeated pushing of the button to close it. Now the glass will not raise. The first "open" makes noise and moves the shade back but doesn't tilt the thing up. Otherwise the main glass opens and closes normally but I cannot, for the life of me, get the front to pop up. It makes a painful cycling pressure wave that thumps in my ears with the sunroof open but the front glass down flat.

Suggestions? Is this an easy (read: cheap) fix?

Mike

Thanks for the hint and that was as far as my searches on the forum led me to. But I'm a pretty handy and industrious man; I'd like to know what went wrong where with it so that I may beat it with a hammer into submission.

The cables are frozen. They either got stripped from debris or are crudded up with it. You might be able to get the cables separate for a cheaper price and replace them yourself. You have to drop the headliner and assembly and you will have to have it set at a point before re-install. I would Also unbolt the motor from the housing to see if it still spins.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edit: you also might have crud on the housing. If you remove the glass and try to make it tilt. See what isn't moving. Its probably one side that's frozen up.

• 1 month later...

Archived