LegacyGT.com

5eat fluid?

quick4dr

what tranny fluid should I be using? i did a flush and fill using BG fluid, but now i read it wasn't the best choice? should I just use subaru stuff. or is there another recommendation?

where did u read about that?

BG is better than OEM, for the warranty part :icon_chee

dont worry too much ;)

Subaru ATF+HP

+2

I haven't heard of the BG fluid except for their additives. I know they have a CVT fluid though.OP can you enlighten me on what you use?

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

OEM ATF is one of the best there is. Switching is a waste unless you have good reason such as beating on it all the time, racing constantly, etc etc. Drain/fill OEM once a year or aroudn 15-20K miles if you are that concerned and call it a day.

I really don't get you guys. You want to take good care of the transmission, yet you opt to go with ATF fluid that is NOT on the list of compatible ATF per SOA/JATCO. IF you want to go with something "better" than OEM, then why not stick to a fluid that has been proven to work even if it's not quoted: Amsoil.

Regardless, I'm making note who is running what, I'll let other people be the guinnea pig :D

OEM ATF is one of the best there is. Switching is a waste unless you have good reason such as beating on it all the time, racing constantly, etc etc. Drain/fill OEM once a year or aroudn 15-20K miles if you are that concerned and call it a day.

I really don't get you guys. You want to take good care of the transmission, yet you opt to go with ATF fluid that is NOT on the list of compatible ATF per SOA/JATCO. IF you want to go with something "better" than OEM, then why not stick to a fluid that has been proven to work even if it's not quoted: Amsoil.

Regardless, I'm making note who is running what, I'll let other people be the guinnea pig :D

+1. And Amsoil is WAYYYYY better for certain conditions such as very cold and very hot. Probably lasts a lot longer, though I'm not going to find out. Otherwise a complete waste of money. It's also about the most universal fluid you can find, so I put it in all the cars except the old Avalon that would probably run just fine on bacon grease

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Has anyone noticed that Amsoil has updated their specifications on the Synthetic ATF to list that it is now specifically compatible with both Subaru ATF and Subaru ATF-HP?

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atf.aspx

Maybe this will reduce some of the debate as to whether it was truly compatible with our 5EAT or not. I'm going to keep running ATF-HP for now, but it's good to know we now have a confirmed synthetic option. Any thoughts from the experts on here? (I don't want to reopen the entire OEM vs. synthetic debate, but I'm a big fan of Amsoil's products and run their motor oil in everything I own.) :)

The track record definitely seems to indicate their update is in line with what we know :) Note that if you call SOA and ask them, they will most likely stick by their story that only the OEM stuff or the list of approved fluids is OK, because they haven't work with Amsoil or any other partner on the "certification" (whatever that may entail).

Archived