LegacyGT.com

Found hidden radio function.

Bbc84

I had my 08' LGT since September, and the radio system sounded bad compared to my other cars that Ive driven. I had almost all the setting set to max, and there was still not enough bass for me. I was planning on getting OEM sub to fill it in. Until today I was reading a old issue of Driven and it said the new Imprezzas and Legacy have SRS radio, and can turn it on and off, so i searched my manual and found that if I hold the "AUDIO" button, SRS will come on and a little symbol would light up.

The stereo sounds so much more rich and normal now. I cant believe I didnt find that function since I bought the car. Now I dont need the OEM sub.

Did everyone know that SRS thing was there? theres no glowing label on the button, but I turned on my map light and did see it in gray text above the Audio button.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had my 08' LGT since September, and the radio system sounded bad compared to my other cars that Ive driven. I had almost all the setting set to max, and there was still not enough bass for me. I was planning on getting OEM sub to fill it in. Until today I was reading a old issue of Driven and it said the new Imprezzas and Legacy have SRS radio, and can turn it on and off, so i searched my manual and found that if I hold the "AUDIO" button, SRS will come on and a little symbol would light up.

The stereo sounds so much more rich and normal now. I cant believe I didnt find that function since I bought the car. Now I dont need the OEM sub.

Did everyone know that SRS thing was there? theres no glowing label on the button, but I turned on my map light and did see it in gray text above the Audio button.

first...

second...WTF??? what are you smoking?? stock system is bad? it's ok. but no bad...oooh...it doesn't have a garbage jvc 400w 12" sub system...that explains it now.

srs? yeah. heard about it before i bought the car. took all of 5 seconds to find it and all of 5 to know it is a pos.

3rd...if you think srs sounds good, you are THE last person i wanna hear to give an opinion on what sounds good and what sounds bad.

srs is a joke and it alters the sound to the level that a high end audio shop would shut down from being a joke of a business.

sorry to burst your bubble dude. actually i'm not. i have no idea where you guys get off calling the stock system crap when you all don't even know what good actually sounds like. if you wanna impress your honduh buddies that get circuit city components, then yeah its not loud enough. if you need everyones attention on the street, yeah it's not loud enough. if you are insecure, then yeah it's not loud enough.

you don't know what loud is till you have a 1k+ watt stereo in your home. loud is your apt resonating with a super deep bass hit. loud is your lights in your residence flickering with every bass note. go to the general stereo setup to know my stuff.

but please...do not call the system crap then say srs is good.

When I saw the "SRS WOW" logo on the face of the stereo - and then saw "SRS" above the audio button... well... Going back to my Dolby Noise Reduction days with my tape player I found that holding the button with the "SRS" letters above it would turn the feature on and off.

And I agree that it makes everything sound much much much better. Don't worry about Richard B... I haven't seen a single post from that person that is worth it's weight in pixel light.

I think the srs function is nice to have. I don't like it for the reasons Richard B. seems to think it sux, but for my purposes it's great. I think it can easily sound over driven, however it has a more dynamic sound, and if the levels are properly adjusted my listening experience much more satisfying. I noticed it after reading through my manual recently.

Since very few people out there are true audiophiles I think most will benefit from the feature.

not having a user adjustable EQ FTL.

Are the Trebble, Mid and Bass not adjustable in SRS mode?

don't get me started on how the display cannot scroll to display long artist names/ song titles on XM

I agree it's kinda lame, but not really that big of a deal. I think the neglection of bluetooth phone integration is the bigger crime... but thats just my opinion.;)

Are the Trebble, Mid and Bass not adjustable in SRS mode?

they are but the adjustments are not too accurate

I agree it's kinda lame, but not really that big of a deal. I think the neglection of bluetooth phone integration is the bigger crime... but thats just my opinion.;)

troof, but i hate finding new artists whom i can't identify because of this limitation.

first...

second...WTF??? what are you smoking?? stock system is bad? it's ok. but no bad...oooh...it doesn't have a garbage jvc 400w 12" sub system...that explains it now.

srs? yeah. heard about it before i bought the car. took all of 5 seconds to find it and all of 5 to know it is a pos.

3rd...if you think srs sounds good, you are THE last person i wanna hear to give an opinion on what sounds good and what sounds bad.

srs is a joke and it alters the sound to the level that a high end audio shop would shut down from being a joke of a business.

sorry to burst your bubble dude. actually i'm not. i have no idea where you guys get off calling the stock system crap when you all don't even know what good actually sounds like. if you wanna impress your honduh buddies that get circuit city components, then yeah its not loud enough. if you need everyones attention on the street, yeah it's not loud enough. if you are insecure, then yeah it's not loud enough.

you don't know what loud is till you have a 1k+ watt stereo in your home. loud is your apt resonating with a super deep bass hit. loud is your lights in your residence flickering with every bass note. go to the general stereo setup to know my stuff.

but please...do not call the system crap then say srs is good.

Haha dude are you seriously saying that SRS isn't good because it's not a high-end home theater system??? That it's not good because its not what "audiophiles" like? You're crazy. It's a semi-luxury car, not a stereo on wheels. It has an okay stock system, and the SRS makes that particular system sound much better. That's all there is to it. Sure it will sound better if you put better stuff in there, but for the stock system, SRS rocks.

Haha dude are you seriously saying that SRS isn't good because it's not a high-end home theater system??? That it's not good because its not what "audiophiles" like? You're crazy. It's a semi-luxury car, not a stereo on wheels. It has an okay stock system, and the SRS makes that particular system sound much better. That's all there is to it. Sure it will sound better if you put better stuff in there, but for the stock system, SRS rocks.

ok them...ALL OF YOU...what makes it sound "better"? tell me why. explain to me the intricate details.

please for the love of gawd, post what system you have at home and what your dream system is and why.

i have listened to 90k$ speakers. listened to 12k$ cables. the stock setup is not "bad". srs does sound bad though. yes, it does pump up the bottom end of the bass and the mids and highs are so jacked to mess with the psyhco acoustics that it sounds far far faaaaar from natural.

natural is what you want. not the most garbage crappy bass you can pull out of some dinky 10$ speaker.

you don't know what soundstage is...nothing.

srs is a marketing gimmick that evidentally this forums deaf ears have fallen to. no different than bose's direct reflect bs.

the reason why i bring up home? simple...for reference. it is a reference of standard. why? car audio will NEVER be as good as home.

When I saw the "SRS WOW" logo on the face of the stereo - and then saw "SRS" above the audio button... well... Going back to my Dolby Noise Reduction days with my tape player I found that holding the button with the "SRS" letters above it would turn the feature on and off.

And I agree that it makes everything sound much much much better. Don't worry about Richard B... I haven't seen a single post from that person that is worth it's weight in pixel light.

right...i prefer perfection and i can't help finding fatal flaws. flaws like the pathetic srs.

flaws like the most worthless brake pads the gt comes with. hawks hps btw now.

but yeah, if you like the srs, then your hearing is very poor.

Having read through these posts I just thought I would put in my two cents. I have been an installer and Project Manager for an award winning Home Theater and Home Integration company for the last 30+ years. We work with some very expensive equipment with speakers and amplifiers costing over 25 grand and projectors costing in excess of 100 grand. What I want to say is that the best sounding system isn’t in the cost of the equipment ... it’s in the listener’s ear. What ever sounds good to you is the best sounding equipment. If the $200.00 system sounds good to you… buy it. If the $100,000.00 system sounds good to you and you can afford it… buy it. Just wanted to put in my two cents…

#11: Yesterday, 10:59 PM turntable vbmenu_register("postmenu_1683065", true);

http://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?u=5923&dateline=1201914572 Title: The Brown Buffalo Rank: Donating Member. Posts: 7,209 iTrader: (4)

not having a user adjustable EQ FTL.

don't get me started on how the display cannot scroll to display long artist names/ song titles on XM

O.T. Mafia

'07 Legacy GT 5MT BSM

Can you not hold down the track button so see long names with the XM like you can on MP3 CD's? That would suck......

Richard, I'm with you 100% when it comes to neutrality and soundstage, etc... I listen to vinyl exclusively for this reason.

My stock radio settings are usually in the neutral position when listening to jazz and the most interesting guitar player on the planet, super-Canadian, Don Ross <bg> and I might, sometimes when I'm feeling crazy and reckless, actually up the bass and treble to +1!!!! Crazy, I know...

However, don't you think your first post was a bit belligerent in tone?

Richard, it would have been possible to make your points without being a total a$$hole....

Par for the course... Ignore button FTW. Repeat offender.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Archived