LegacyGT.com

educate me on stage 2

stuck686

Even stock cars have up- and down- pipes.

A tune and aftermarket pipes (understood to be without catalytic converters for the most part though high flows are available) is all that is needed to be Stage 2. I suggest you do look up the wiki threads to further your basic tubocharged Subaru knowledge.

Stay stock or go stage 3. Stage 2 is just a placeholder while your wallet prepares for the inevitable.

turbo fail? how long does stage 2 take for that to happen. the car i am looking at has 48k miles and has been stage 2 since 34k

turbo fail? how long does stage 2 take for that to happen. the car i am looking at has 48k miles and has been stage 2 since 34k

boredom :lol:

turbos can fail, yes. but not as often as people on this forum like you to think.

when a performance oriented car part fails; people tend to spread the word - and bad news travels fast. hence dozens and dozens (or more) of threads about failed turbos, but very few about "wow my turbo still works after 200k miles"

I ran 20psi on my stock vf46 for nearly 20k miles and it was fine other than a wastegate crack similar to what is typical of vf39s. Hammerdown has 200k on his stock turbo - many of the miles are stage1 miles.

lol

nice to hear that, i am getting a leakdown inspection on wed as well

i am new to turbos so buying a tuned car is a bit of a mystery to me but it felt very solid when i drove it.good pull turbo sounded healthy, didnt have any low rpm flutter like another stage 2 legacy i drove

i am new to turbos so buying a tuned car is a bit of a mystery to me but it felt very solid when i drove it.good pull turbo sounded healthy, didnt have any low rpm flutter like another stage 2 legacy i drove

A 30 second vac leak fix is the likely culprit on that car.

did i miss what year your car was? Only the 05-07's required up-pipe replacement or modification. After that, they are catless from the factory.

Guess its irrelevant anyways after i read your first post again lol

Archived