LegacyGT.com

Lifting 2005 Legacy

I really would like to lift my 2005 Legacy Wagon, but the biggest lift I've found is only a 1 inch body lift. I had the idea to maybe put a similar year's Outback suspension on it to do the lift.

Good idea or bad idea, and how much would it run me?

Ride in an outback first to make sure you like the handling. I considered buying an Outback until i drove one and realized I would have to add stiffening braces and sway bars before i would drive it.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

You probably won't find many options for lifting a legacy.. For good reason. A body lift will give your legacy the feel of riding in a 70's pickup, very stiff and it would be very hard on all of your suspension components. To properly lift it, you would need to go with a suspension lift (I am guessing there are not many options for suspension lifts because like others mentioned, the market for lifted legacy's exists in the form of Outbacks).

why do you want to lift it? just to get through rough terrain sometimes?

i want to make a pnumatic or hydraulic kit to adjust ride height with out affecting ride and handeling

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Here's what I've done.

Lower it. (OEM Struts with ION springs, 225/45/17 tires on STI BBS)

Then come winter, I lift it again. (OEM Struts & springs, 215/50R17 tires on OEM wheels)

:)

Here's what I've done.

Lower it. (OEM Struts with ION springs, 225/45/17 tires on STI BBS)

Then come winter, I lift it again. (OEM Struts & springs, 215/50R17 tires on OEM wheels)

:)

I've wanted to do the Gold STI wheels for some time now, how did you get them to fit? I've reconsidered it and I just really would like to do a 0.5 inch drop in the front, do you know who makes springs for that?

Just install some spacers in the rear if you want the raked look without lowering.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

I really would like to lift my 2005 Legacy Wagon, but the biggest lift I've found is only a 1 inch body lift. I had the idea to maybe put a similar year's Outback suspension on it to do the lift.

Good idea or bad idea, and how much would it run me?

That would work fine. Probably run you between $200-$300 for everything if you buy used parts on the forum.

Archived