LegacyGT.com

Brake Draining Help

So tonight I have a huge project on my hands. As far as I know, I am doing it all solo.

I am installing WRX brakes up front, as well as stainless steel brake lines, and coilovers.

I was curious, how does one go about completely draining the brake system? I know how to drain each line individually, but I fear when I disconnect the lines brake fluid will still come out.

Any suggestions?

If you use Super Blue or such, you'll notice immediately when the new fluid comes through.

I used a turkey baster to get as much as possible out of reservoir before adding the new one.

O.

absolutely do not let the whole system drain.

put a pan under each wheel, swap the brakes one corner at a time, keep the MC reservoir topped off, then do a thorough flush/bleed after it's all done. You will want someone to help with that part unless you bought speed bleeders.

absolutely do not let the whole system drain.

put a pan under each wheel, swap the brakes one corner at a time, keep the MC reservoir topped off, then do a thorough flush/bleed after it's all done. You will want someone to help with that part unless you bought speed bleeders.

Ooooh that reminds me. I want to pick up some speed bleeders.

Everyone who does brake work needs a motive power bleeder I love mine. Just have to make sure the cap is nice and tight when you pump it. Ive let system run totally dry before or got a new master cylinder and didnt have to bench bleed.

Archived