LegacyGT.com

Possibly selling my 98 LGT

What could I get for it? I don't really want to sell it but, I think my head gaskets are bad again. I changed them about 20k ago. I'm losing coolant again. It's not filling the over flow, it's going somewhere. No smoke out the tail pipe. It's not getting in the oil either.

The car is almost rust free. The only rust on the car is at the rear tires where the always rust. It's got new Megan racing springs, kyb struts from 02 wrx. New tires. About 1500 miles on them. 17" Enkeis. 2.5RS header. Two brand new stock cats. Stainless wrx cat back. Wrx front and rear seats.... Ect....

Just trying to get an idea what I could get for it.

183,000. 5spd. New brakes w/ Wagner pads all around. New Moog ball joints. New coil, water pump and timing belt. Lots of new parts. Trans fluid was just changed about 3k ago. Always synthetic oil. Alarm with 2way remote. It was a PA Car. It's been in NY for about 1 year.

It obviously has jdm lights with RFRB grill. 6000k low beam and 3000k high beam hid's.

The blue book when calculated with premium wheels, premium sound, and MP3 CD player as a private sale is $3,700. Add in the mods and new parts and you're looking at $4,500. Take off $1,000 for the potential head gasket issue and you're looking at maybe $3,500 for someone who really wants the car, or $3,000 to anyone else. You'll probably have to go lower on the price as people will be skeptical about paying $3,000 for a car with almost 200,000 miles and busted gaskets. You could fix the gaskets before you sell it and probably get $4,500.

The good news is that winter is coming up and all the rich people will be looking for an "Inexpensive" car for winter so they don't have to subject their Audi/BMW's to snow. I don't know if your appearance mods would appeal to that crowd, but its worth a shot as those people have money coming out of their asses. If I were you I would fix the gaskets and put it in the yard for $4,500. I might consider putting a sign in the window that says "$4,500 OBO... AWD...5 SPEED... GREAT WINTER CAR!!!" You could print out a list of all the new and aftermarket parts plus the value of each. Total up the price you payed for all the work you put into it in big bold letters. Next to the big bold letters put the asking price in even bigger, bolder letters. Stick the parts list in the drivers side window and sit by the phone.

I should do this shit for a living... :lol: :lol:

I'd probably get fired though. I hate working retail of any kind. Being nice to people all day gets old fast.

+1 that's a sharp car to have to get rid of, sorry about the gaskets having to go again :( before you look into selling it though, try to diagnose it at least. It could just be something really simple...I'd hate for you to have to get rid of that legacy. But i'd pick it up in a heartbeat if you were closer :)

first off. if anyone needs a legacy its me. i am not taking my beat to hell of a car to college and my mom said the same haha.

my parent talk about have they would drive cross county to pick up a nice car for me. if i have some more money saved up or out house sells soon i think that car is mine...

I will absolutely buy another Subaru. Probably a newer legacy gt or a wrx.

After I did the headgaskets about 20K ago I checked the coolant every day for about 2 months. It never needed any. Now I have to put about a quart a week in it to keep the radiator full. I can tell when it needs it because I will see a small fluctuation on the temp gauge. I never let it over heat. I'm a professional headgasket guy! Lol! I had a t-bird sc with 22 psi of boost. I blew more headgaskets in that car than I did oil changes! Lol!

And yes it is a nice car! I get stared at everywhere I go. The words I here the most are, "that things fast huh?" or "that shits bad!" when I tell them it's not fast, they think I'm trying to hustle for a race. Lol! It's sounds bad ass too!! I just don't have any money to put into it until income tax time.

The funny thing is, it runs great!!!

1990 Supercoupe. It was actually a 35th anniversary. With a 5 spd. I had the motor built and bought an magna port II supercharger from magnusonproducts.com damn I miss that car. Fast, fast, fast!!

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd104/thrty5thsc/image001.jpg

The motor was out in this pic, that's why the front is sitting up so high.

It really is very clean. I had to replace a couple of the clips that hold the plastic pieces on the rockers and, there was zero rust under those! When we had the motor out to change headgaskets, clutch and cracked clutch fork, we found zero rust in the engine compartment. I just don't have time to fix it again. I was planning on an sti swap after February but. My girl is driving my Concorde. She's a full time student so, it's kinda hard to share 1 car right now.

Archived