LegacyGT.com

2005 GT GRP LTD MAN 131000 mi should i buy?

• I Donated Too
it's not too much mileage but it does depend on the service history of the car. If you love these cars and many of us do then you almost forgive them anything even when the engine blows up... most of the the people here almost immediately seek a replacement engine and add more performance parts to it as they go. These are great cars and so what is too much? Only you can decide that... perhaps share with us some more details about the car, where is it, who is selling it, pictures? The mileage isn't the only factor in this purchase.

Not bad. It has a new turbo in it. Also has an oil leak needs breaks and the clutch is almost gone. Can't tell from the pics but the front end has been bottomed out a lot its all beat up under there. The trunk latch is stuck which I expected. Quite a few scratches and dings leather is cracking on the driver's seat. The dealer hasn't inspected it yet they got it yesterday. Gonna go drive it again after they clean it up but the one impression I got (I have a 2011 legacy sedan now) is that it feels a little loose in the steering and just generally old. Also drove an 06 xt limited auto. That turbo seemed weaker but the car was in better cosmetic shape. Plus I think the black interior on the xt looks sooooo much better than the tan on the red one. Still on the fence I guess.

If the price is right, I doubt you'd have any problem selling it if you changed your mind in a few months. I'd worry more about the cosmetic than the mechanical issues. Easy to replace a clutch, not so easy (for me at least) to repaint. Maybe this could be your prime negotiating point with the dealer: either they fix or discount or you walk.

9k sounds cheap how many miles? I think I will tell them i can't pay more than 9. I wonder how much it costs to fix a bumper that has been bottomed out. They are gonna fix it up so I have to wait to see what they do and see the records. There is another red one in North Carolina with 101k miles for 11.5 may have to drive down there to check it out, i bet they don't rust down there.

9k sounds cheap how many miles? I think I will tell them i can't pay more than 9. I wonder how much it costs to fix a bumper that has been bottomed out. They are gonna fix it up so I have to wait to see what they do and see the records. There is another red one in North Carolina with 101k miles for 11.5 may have to drive down there to check it out, i bet they don't rust down there.

It had 126k on it. I haggled the hell outta the dealer (were asking 10500) as I do my research before even stepping onto the lot! Also they did all major service to it as it was over due. Also got them to give me 5500 on my truck that needed about 3k of body work and another 600 in other repairs!

Sorry - Just clicked on Legacy (didn't see the wagon listing below) and it was a newer 5th gen. I'd call them first. These sell out of NC really fast. I've started to drive from SC to NC only to get a call from the seller/dealer saying that it just sold.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived