LegacyGT.com

What would you do with an 06 2.5i wagon

Our family is growing by 1 and so I thought it was time to think about cargo room. I have an 05 LGT and my wife has a 11 GTI. An additional 06 2.5i wagon (auto) should fit the bill nicely.

But inevitably, I start to think about how to make the car handle. (i.e. My first thought was put GT brakes on it)

So what would any of you guys/gals do with an 06 Legacy Wagon 2.5i. (short of an engine/tranny swap)

Keep it stock and just drive it?

+1

The ROI on modding an N/A is low anyway, so why bother compromising the reliability of the car?

Keep it stock, and drive it for 200k.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Step 1: Sell LGT

Step 2: Buy LGT wagon/OBXT

Step 3: end thread

Nevermind the fact that a 2.5i doesn't have anywhere near enough power to overdrive its brakes.

(EDIT: admittedly I have a highly modded LGT but my DD is a 99' Durango we have had forever and the wife has an OBXT. The LGT is obviously the one we dont need)

He probably wants the 2.5i, because it's an auto so his wife can drive it. Getting an LGT wagon or OBXT would force him to drive an auto, which I bet he doesn't want to do.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Heh, I plan on trading in my 06 2.5i Wagon (auto) for a 2012 GTI. Childless couple so the GTI has plenty of cargo room for us.

Just drive the 06 2.5i. There isn't that much you can do to make it perform better that won't compromise it in some other way.

Heh, I plan on trading in my 06 2.5i Wagon (auto) for a 2012 GTI. Childless couple so the GTI has plenty of cargo room for us.

Just drive the 06 2.5i. There isn't that much you can do to make it perform better that won't compromise it in some other way.

Are you going to go DSG?

In the GTi, I would. One of the few instances where the automatic option makes the car better.

Our family is growing by 1 and so I thought it was time to think about cargo room. I have an 05 LGT and my wife has a 11 GTI. An additional 06 2.5i wagon (auto) should fit the bill nicely.

But inevitably, I start to think about how to make the car handle. (i.e. My first thought was put GT brakes on it)

So what would any of you guys/gals do with an 06 Legacy Wagon 2.5i. (short of an engine/tranny swap)

Dont need LGT brakes a simple pad upgrade and regular fluid changes do wonders.

RSB and FSB are the best bang for your buck.

Engine swap I would steer clear of (many issues that arent terribly difficult but annoying) you could spring for a AVO kit IF you really wanted more power and plan to keep the wagon for ever/ long time.

Good tires and suspension :)

He probably wants the 2.5i, because it's an auto so his wife can drive it. Getting an LGT wagon or OBXT would force him to drive an auto, which I bet he doesn't want to do.

I guess my post is lite on details. But yes the wagon is auto for the wife and I keep my manual LGT.

Both my sister in laws drive an MDX and every time they visit it is filled to the brim with stuff for just one child. I'm not going to be like that, but there is a chance that the LGT or GTI won't do. Hence the wagon idea.

No problems here driving it stock. Just interested to see what interesting things people had in mind.

I upgraded to a wife that prefers turbos and stick.:wub:

LOL, so far I've got her to love: F1, turbos, autox and war movies. Stick just takes a bit more effort than she feels necessary and she shows it by using the DSG on her GTI.

I guess my post is lite on details. But yes the wagon is auto for the wife and I keep my manual LGT.

Both my sister in laws drive an MDX and every time they visit it is filled to the brim with stuff for just one child. I'm not going to be like that, but there is a chance that the LGT or GTI won't do. Hence the wagon idea.

No problems here driving it stock. Just interested to see what interesting things people had in mind.

2dr or 4dr GTI?

If its a 4 door, it'll probably be perfect.

1. Sell everything and buy two mini-vans.

Or

Keep it stock and just drive it?

Maybe, keep it in your pants or you may be doing option 1...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Are you going to go DSG?

In the GTi, I would. One of the few instances where the automatic option makes the car better.

DSG. Also, 4 door as the Golf/GTI is one of the few cars that looks better as a 4 door, not to mention I hate the inconvenience of 2 doors.

My bad, I forgot we had a NA section in the forums. :p

2dr or 4dr GTI?

If its a 4 door, it'll probably be perfect.

It's a 4 door and I'm trying not to worry about it. Strollers are pretty bulky now days. I wish the LGT had folding seats. Wasn't there a mod to fit JDM (electric?) folding seats to our cars?

Edit: So 07-09 LGT had folding rear seats? Maybe I should look for a set to retrofit.

DSG. Also, 4 door as the Golf/GTI is one of the few cars that looks better as a 4 door, not to mention I hate the inconvenience of 2 doors.

I feel exactly the same way.

It's a 4 door and I'm trying not to worry about it. Strollers are pretty bulky now days. I wish the LGT had folding seats. Wasn't there a mod to fit JDM (electric?) folding seats to our cars?

The GTI will be a perfect size, I bet.

LOL, so far I've got her to love: F1, turbos, autox and war movies. Stick just takes a bit more effort than she feels necessary and she shows it by using the DSG on her GTI.

Thats a damn good start man! If you can get her to shoot and enjoy hockey it wouldn't hurt either.

Divorcing my first wife was easier than fixing her.

Archived