LegacyGT.com

Turbo Oil Return Stem

I just installed a BNR turbo, and it looks like the stem is leaking at the turbo to stem seal. Is there a copper gasket available or should I be using some kind of sealant? I have removed it a couple times re tightened and it still leaks. Is this common? The bnr came with a paper gasket but I don't think its thick enough.

Get a Subaru OE gasket. It's a bit thicker and it also has a graphite coating on it that helps to fill in small scratches and imperfections.

Wow, there's a great idea.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Ive pulled the turbo twice now in an attempt to fix. Its getting quite annoying at this point.

I'm going to sand it down and replace with oem gasket. I just figured the gasket from bnr would be as good if not better than oem, guess I will find out when I pickup the new gasket.

They had a valid point, I can't really knock it without trying it.... So I will use it , see how it works, and if I don't like it, I'll either sell it and get a 20g, or hopefully work something out with bnr. They said try it out, and if you feel you need more give them a call back. I can't really argue with that.

Archived