LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Compliments

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Early 30's caucasian STI driver gave it a once over and popped an enthusiastic thumbs up.

I dont know if I should ever get rid of shrek.

Maybe someone has to be that guy with the 3.6r...the old gray haired/bald guy in the modded gray Legacy....

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• 3 weeks later...

Took a quick dip into the dealership just to see if any fair deal an were available. Got to chit chatting with ones of the sales reps and asked if me if I was looking for a potential purchase, of course said no I have a newer GT, but didn't say what year (I'm in my 91ss that I just parked) he of course makes the comment " well why are you driving that old one then? "...i explain that its " under the works"...makes another comment " I remember just over a year ago one came in here with orange wheels, never seen anything like it. Haven't seen it since"....

I was like yaaaaa I saw it about then too, haven't seen it since either :(

I get compliments and questions from some WRX/STi owners because of my 2.5i badges back when i drove a 2010 2.5i. get stuff like "is this an STI swap?" and i usually say "nah, just some fun badges, I heard they add 15hp"

http://i.imgur.com/GQW0iwI.jpg

right after i put my catback on my 06 LGT and had to stop at my local dealer for some stuff i get chatting with a carrera owner who was asking about my car and whatnot, wasnt aware of the legacy GT. he was there to pick up his 2015 STI

• 3 weeks later...

Not a 5th Gen compliment....but gotta post it anyway. The look on the guys face was priceless.

Sitting at a stop light on the way home from work yesterday...guy casually looks over, sees hood scoop, double takes on hood scoop, and then rolls down his window...

Guy: Is that thing boosted?

Me: Yep, 1992 Legacy Turbo.....its rare

Guy: Woah! Wow! I never see those...uh, didn't even really know they made them...NICE!

Me: Thanks man...it's fun.

Edited by GTEASER

This was a few weeks ago but I was filling up at the Shell here locally and while I was checking my oil a guy walked up and asked with kind of car it was, told him it was a Legacy. He was all surprised and didn't think a Legacy could ever look that good and that I did a good job on it so far. Funny how less than $300 in cosmetic mods can make a car look so much different!

I pick my sister up daily from the high school that I used to go to and quite often I have students and old friends walking past saying "Nice car" to me and murmuring "Sh*t that's a flash car" to each other Edited by Conducks

So on my way to class this morning I was coming from work and this yellow lancer gets behind me right before a tunnel. So I let everyone hear the song of my people by ripping 2nd through it and have to,stop for the light ahead. The lancer guy cones up and says holy shit dude that sounds dope! I've never seen a 5th gen GT before, love what you did, etc. I dunno, thought that was cool compliment lol

So I gave a guy at work a ride to the hotel after work today, he gets in the car and asks what kind of car is this? I tell him oh its a Subaru Legacy... he says oh are you one of those tree hugger Subaru people . Lol I said no I just really liked the car. So we get around the block and he says hmm this thing feel like it gets up and goes!!

So we go to get on the freeway and hit the corner topping out 2nd into 3rd and merged on to the freeway over 100.. he was like Holy shit! This thing is badass!!!! I saw him this morning and he was telling everyone we work with how awesome my car is!

I've had quite a few friends say "holy sh!t" or something similar the first time they ride in it and I floor it in 1st or 2nd.

Same haha. Especially since its been a little chilly in the mornings..spinning first is always awesome lol

Same haha. Especially since its been a little chilly in the mornings..spinning first is always awesome lol

you can spin your tires? on dry pavement? i guess i have really nice winter tire's cuz i don't even with all the mornings with temps deep in the negatives.

I can't either, but no power mods.

I'm on a cobb OTS stage 1 91 oct tune with just a panel filter....

but I'm paying logan from McDowell tunning to change that today. maybe he can break the wheels free on this beast

With a tune and any winter tire you can spin the tires. I'm not talking about a smoke show, but you can get some slip. I was actually getting on the highway and FFS 3-4 and saw my traction light come on for an instant. Made me smile.

if you call chirping the tires spinning them then sure i can break them loose... but used to doing 3rd gear burnouts in my maxima... yes 3rd gear FWD burnouts. even tho that car was crap in the corners i miss it. so torquey

you can spin your tires? on dry pavement? i guess i have really nice winter tire's cuz i don't even with all the mornings with temps deep in the negatives.

Should have clarified I only have a summer set up haha the Cooper summer perf. Tires are like drag slicks when it's below 40 so I can spin first at will And sometimes second. And yeah dry pavement. When summer comes with high temps they're like glue :]

Some,videos on our YouTube channel if you listen/watch close you can see the back end come out, but the superview setting on the go pro doesn't do it justice

Edited by Sm00veM00ve

Back when I first got the car, we took it down to San Diego during Christmas to visit the in-laws. Wife's grandpa is a bit of a car aficionado, in the sense that he likes driving and taking care of nice cars. So after I finally traded in my old Accord, he was definitely keen on going for a ride in my new LGT.

Well, he lives in a relatively slow-speed-street neighborhood that's bordered by a large (3-4 lanes in one direction) street. So I was first putzing around his neighborhood, but soon ended up at a red light on pole position on the main street, with pretty much nobody around. So I turn to him, and I ask him "OK Grandpa, I'm gonna take off a bit fast, that fine with you?" He's like "Sure, no problem."

Green hits and I gun it. Even to this day, I don't think I did a more perfect launch. I caught Grandpa waaaaay off-guard because up until then, we were going 25-30 max, and he was not expecting this kind of juice.

We blasted down the straightway (thankfully it was a 55 zone), but soon had to simmer down because we caught up to everyone else. After the run Grandpa turned to me and said: "It's been a long time since I've gone that fast in a car."

And this came from a man who does not have a gentle right foot, that's for sure. :lol:

I was giving my dad a race home today. He was in his 911 and I was in my LGT. Obviously he won because they're two completely different cars. Got home and the first thing he says to me is that my LGT is much louder and better sounding than his 911 and how he loves the back end of my car. Makes me feel pretty good knowing he thinks it's louder and sounds better than his triple digit supercar :')

wife's highschool friend was at home for my wife's birthday during that hard snowstorm we got on the 5th and she decides she wants to go to Outback for lunch. There's 6-7 inches of snow outside, no one plowed yet here. I turn the PS4 off and go clean snow off the car and told them let's go. get on the road, snow is packed down to ice, tire marks going off the highway on to the railing, Walmart Semi Jacknifed under a bridge on rte 18 sb. rte 9 north is straight ice and car pulls right on the go pedal then tracks straight (Conti's DWS are lovely) and wife's friend says "This thing drives like a truck!" i know what she meant but i said "gee thanks asshole" she replied, "no i mean its really good on the snow!" We get to Outback and there's 2 trucks, an impreza and an accord (employee). drift into a parking spot smiling after everyone got off. she then said "you enjoy that car too much." I smiled and ordered my Outback Special.

• 2 weeks later...
So Ctsubie had a meet and cruise for RCR fast and,furious show/movie viewing. When the judges came around to inspect the cars, I noticed the one dude judging my car kept just looking around it (even though it's dirty as hell) and eventually asked who owned it. I of course said it was mine and he was like "wow glad a GT came out to represent the 5th gens, don't see to many of these around. Really well done". Always makes ya feel good when someone appreciates and knows about your car 😎

"wow glad a GT came out to represent the 5th gens, don't see to many of these around. Really well done". Always makes ya feel good when someone appreciates and knows about your car 😎

10LeggyGT?