LegacyGT.com

Satellite Radio: XM vs. Sirius

cartman

XM or Sirius?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. XM or Sirius?

• XM
    • Sirius

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I heard that XM has poor coverage in rural Canada whereas Sirius does not...

Not sure about that...I know that when I drove up to Toronto from Ny I had XM coverage the whole way with minimal breakage.

Not sure about that...I know that when I drove up to Toronto from Ny I had XM coverage the whole way with minimal breakage.

Howie will fix it! Just like his marriage and Jackie.

Stern factor, can't compare.

Thats why, he gets half a billion to work four days a week. Ah, that Howie's math! Howie created Satellite radio and talk radio. Tell them Fred they all stole from me! :icon_bigg

Which do you prefer/have?

I have XM and am an ex-Stern fan (old fart), now Opie and Anthony fan.

I was once a huge Stern fan, and I am very greatful for what he has done to the medium. But he dosen't care about his fans. What happened to being loyal to your fans and family! Biggest kick in the ass was what he did to Jackie and his ex-wife. He could talk about trying to have anal with his wife, but the divorce was off limiteds. Remember 9/11 well, O&A was broadcasting live on 9/11 and had no commerical break allowing their fans to vent on the air!

We have XM in our Honda Accord V6 as that's what it came with. We got a deal on a 3 year subscription.

I'm sick and tired of all the broadcast media. Now I buy books on CD and listen to them instead. I load 2 music CD's and four book CD's.

Currently listening to "Cobra II." Best book ever on CD IMHO is "In the Heart of the Sea - The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex," by Nathaniel Philbrook. I'd guess "Into Thin Air," would be excellent on CD as well...

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Dont have either still debating them. I heard that XM has way better sound quality true?

I have had both and from what I can remember of xm it was about the same as sirius, maybe a bit better. The only thing is that I was running rca's into an aftermarket HU with the xm and am running a FM mod with the sirius so I would say they are even.

XM definitely matches my tastes better than Sirius. In my opinion, Sirius sounds just like FM radio without the commercials... 90% of the channels are driven by extremely repetitive pop music playlists and mainstream radio charts. The 24/7/365 Elvis, Bruce, and Rolling Stones channels are just a lazy way to program radio stations... a complete waste of bandwidth in my opinion. XM on the other hand programs their stations for music lovers, not chart followers. Their program directors KNOW the genres they program, and actively seek more obscure music that you would never hear on regular radio. Their playlists are also much deeper than Sirius's.

XM's infrastructure is also significantly more advanced than Sirius's. XM's satellites are geostationary, allowing for an infinitely consistent signal. They also has live portable radios that you can carry like a walkman. XM's terrestrial repeater network is very robust in most major and medium sized cities, allowing you to use your radio inside of buildings.

These services offer soooooo much more than just Howard or O&A.

Get XM if:

-you are a technology geek

-you truly enjoy music and like discovering new artists every time you listen

-you can't stand excessive repetition

-you plan on streaming audio channels online (XM's online streams have twice the bitrate of Sirius's streams)

-you live in a mountainous area

Get Sirius if:

-you generally prefer familiar, radio-proven tracks instead of deep, less familiar playlists

-you feel you MUST listen to Howard Stern

-you prefer a strong DJ presence between songs

Stern factor, can't compare.

"hoo hoo tell em fred....i invented radio tell em robin......."

this is a non question stern was great in the late 80's early 90's.....

Opie and Anthony still have the creativity........

Pest checking in.......:icon_mrgr

I have a sirius Sportster in my car, home etc. My car antenna went out, so I bought an XM antenna (direct fitment) because everything Sirius is sold out everywhere (I wonder why?). By the way, my reception with the XM antenna is no where near as good as it was with the Sirius. I would get a new Sirius antenna, but they're always sold out due to demand.

I have a sirius Sportster in my car, home etc. My car antenna went out, so I bought an XM antenna (direct fitment) because everything Sirius is sold out everywhere (I wonder why?). By the way, my reception with the XM antenna is no where near as good as it was with the Sirius. I would get a new Sirius antenna, but they're always sold out due to demand.

There is no demand, that why there isn't any on hand to sell. :lol:

Archived