LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, the only thing missing on that list is a dry sump option!

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

ItalianLegacy, how's the engine holding up?

Edit: On a serious note, someone did use custom rods in a 3.0L H6: http://blog.perrinperformance.com/perrin-h6-build-up/

cars holding up great! more mods and more boost coming! it will also be at the uconn show April 17th again this year!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

rods aren't the issue as much as valves and springs but im going to have it protuned for no knock.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

are you running at least a 5w40 with frequent OCI? My rod bearing went first.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

And you don't even have the SC, right?

Correct...just a LOT of hard driving...ahem...on the streets.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

• 4 weeks later...

Question, would the Takeda intake (TR-4303P) work on a 3.6R considering that it has almost the same exact structure as the TR-4304P?

Also I've got a guy on YouTube claiming that he's making around 300whp on his 3.6R with Raptor headers, a custom cat, AMR tune and Takeda intake. Is this accurate/achievable?

Edited by Costa23

Seems about right. Check out the modded 3.6 thread on here but they'd need a supercharger setup. There's a fair amount who have done all this but with a supercharger pushing 330hp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seems about right. Check out the modded 3.6 thread on here but they'd need a supercharger setup. There's a fair amount who have done all this but with a supercharger pushing 330hp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay cool. Any word on the intake though?

270-280 (Which is not too shabby) is more a reasonable expectation... And if you're going to get to that point you NEED a new midpipe and high flow cats. The raptor headers WILL definitely destroy the stock cats. Not an if, not a possibly, it's a will definitely. Although Perscitus may be able to chime in, I haven't seen his latest dyno #s with the Opensource tune.

Question, would the Takeda intake (TR-4303P) work on a 3.6R considering that it has almost the same exact structure as the TR-4304P?

Also I've got a guy on YouTube claiming that he's making around 300whp on his 3.6R with Raptor headers, a custom cat, AMR tune and Takeda intake. Is this accurate/achievable?

Percitus is probably close to 300whp and 360ft-lbs all motor... The 3.6R motor with tuning and Raptors+Full header-back exhaust really wakes up the motor. The Supercharger isn't really needed unless you want to spend double the money to make an extra 30-40hp. Just my opinion. Take it with a grain of self as they say. His build is on the first page of this site.

To be completely honest, make sure the suspension is all sorted out before moving up to performance mods. I was thinking the opposite first when I got my car but then quickly realized that it stock form, the Legacy is a wobbly animal that needs some support. I'd actually be quite happy with the cars performance if the throttle response was super sharp. I mean... For now haha. I would use the intake though specifically for the 3.6R. I'm sure there's good reason for them to create two separate CAIs.

To be completely honest, make sure the suspension is all sorted out before moving up to performance mods. I was thinking the opposite first when I got my car but then quickly realized that it stock form, the Legacy is a wobbly animal that needs some support. I'd actually be quite happy with the cars performance if the throttle response was super sharp. I mean... For now haha. I would use the intake though specifically for the 3.6R. I'm sure there's good reason for them to create two separate CAIs.

Noted. I'm currently looking at getting a 2013 3.6R hopefully sometime this June. Is there a huge difference in the suspension between the 2013 and 2011 models?

Percitus is probably close to 300whp and 360ft-lbs all motor... The 3.6R motor with tuning and Raptors+Full header-back exhaust really wakes up the motor. The Supercharger isn't really needed unless you want to spend double the money to make an extra 30-40hp. Just my opinion. Take it with a grain of self as they say. His build is on the first page of this site.

I had the same mods before my car was totaled (I didn't have the newest opensource tune yet). I didn't have mine on a dyno, but mine was tuned by AMR with the midpipe, headers, intake and a catback. I'd want to see a dyno result to believe 300WHP; I see an estimated 292bhp on the front of the thread, which if we assume the correction factor is around 200/256 we'd see around 230whp.

I'll definitely say it was a ballsy car with those mods, way faster than my WRX is stock...

I'm not trying to insult anyone or their car car, but 300WHP is a pretty big claim; you need to keep in mind the car comes with 256bhp stock and was measured at 200-210WHP in everyone's dyno runs, so we'd be talking about 300 * 256/200 = 384bhp... You're talking about a 128hp gain over stock. And even the dyno plots on Raptor's site show a max of 250whp.

Noted. I'm currently looking at getting a 2013 3.6R hopefully sometime this June. Is there a huge difference in the suspension between the 2013 and 2011 models?

Starting with the 2013, the springs are a little stiffer so a 2013-14 would be good. A 22mm Whiteline rear sway bar would help balance out the cars handling. As for the endlinks, there's Kartboys, Whiteline, Rallitek, the stock ones that come with the car (GTeaser said his are holding up) It's really up to you. I decided to get Ralliteks because since my cars an '11 in a salt state, I'm not gonna wrestling around with rusted endlinks, underneath a car, haha.

Take a look at the Perrin Steering Dampener Lockdown as well. I haven't gotten one yet personally but seems well worth the $65 that it costs on sale.

For performance stuff it's best to rear through peoples build threads. Fredriks has a lot of good info, as well as Perscitus and ItalianLegacy. Fred used a 1/4 wave resonator (j-pipe) on on his exhaust and I heard videos of it. Sounded good.

I had the same mods before my car was totaled (I didn't have the newest opensource tune yet). I didn't have mine on a dyno, but mine was tuned by AMR with the midpipe, headers, intake and a catback. I'd want to see a dyno result to believe 300WHP; I see an estimated 292bhp on the front of the thread, which if we assume the correction factor is around 200/256 we'd see around 230whp.

I'll definitely say it was a ballsy car with those mods, way faster than my WRX is stock...

I'm not trying to insult anyone or their car car, but 300WHP is a pretty big claim; you need to keep in mind the car comes with 256bhp stock and was measured at 200-210WHP in everyone's dyno runs, so we'd be talking about 300 * 256/200 = 384bhp... You're talking about a 128hp gain over stock. And even the dyno plots on Raptor's site show a max of 250whp.

I'm pretty sure Percitus mentioned he's making more power than what he listed on his build thread. Regardless these cars are torque monsters when you free up that exhaust flow. What other car can claim making over 100 ft-lbs of torque simply from headers, full header-back exhaust, and a tune? I do agree with one of the above post, sort out the handling and braking first. Bare minimum would be upgraded RSB and upgraded pads. This 3666lb sedan likes to float upon aggressive driving. I'm on the highway daily for work at speeds around 75-85 and the sway is very noticeable, and soft shocks are as well.

The RSB most definitely should be done with upgraded endlinks, I used the kartboys. Preferably better endlinks all around... My stock ones were all kinds of rusty and pretty beaten up after only a year when I swapped the sway bar.

But by far the biggest thing to upgrade grip/handling wise for me was getting off of the stock all seasons to a summer tire...

2010-2012 versus 2013-2014 suspension is not that different.

2013-2014 get a 26mm FSB versus the older 24mm/23mm FSB.

They all get the flimsy 16mm RSB which you better swap out to at least a 19mm.

The spring and shock difference will not be night and day. You will still want to modify the suspension if you want it more sporty and less floaty.

I was making 225whp (reads like a Mustang dyno) with Takeda intake, 2.5" exhaust and AMR tune.

If someone claims 300whp, it means an additional 75whp with headers, high flow cat, and 3" exhaust. It is a bit of a stretch, but attainable on a dynojet (higher reading dyno) most likely.

A whp claim is useful if someone says they are putting down 500whp, for example. Then you know there is a $hit load of power. It is best if a pre and post dyno is posted. This would tell us the actual gains.

The spring and shock difference will not be night and day. You will still want to modify the suspension if you want it more sporty and less floaty.

I disagree on that. I replaced my stock 2010 springs and shocks with brand new ones for a 2013 3.6R recently. I would say it's like going from a gross squishy Cadillac sedan to a slightly sporty trim family sedan.

I could probably go stiffer, but it's nice that I don't have to fear speed bumps.

Perscitus is (was) putting 300bhp..dynos typically will show crank. A 3.6R with bolts isn't going to get 300 to the wheels without a engine rebuild or boost...

I'm putting 290 at the crank with my raptors and tune. That said..the performance difference between stock and raptors is MASSIVE, and unless you love running your car over 5k a lot you won't notice a lack of power.

As for suspension, the 2013 is definitely stiffer then the 11 but you will want to upgrade the suspension. I only did the sways before raptors and it's been an adventure as the suspension isn't good for the power I got.

Anyway the gains you'll see for the cost you put in on a non boosted car is worth it.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I only did the sways before raptors and it's been an adventure as the suspension isn't good for the power I got.

So far I'm doing the rear sway. Sometime this year the front sway with the 26mm since I have a '11. Both with Rallitek endlinks and I've got the Whiteline rear diff inserts. Gonna save up for wheels/tires next spring.

It'd probably be wise to stiffen up and lower the suspension first before doing the exhaust, intake and a tune?

Edited by Timothy.B