LegacyGT.com

Size of Front and Rear JDM Spec B swaybars

SC GT

I just received front and rear JDM Spec B sway bars from an auction I won on Rinkya.com.

The front swaybar = 66 mm circumfence = 21 mm diameter. It came with the "20" bushing, and is solid and heavy.

The rear swaybar = 60 mm circumfence = 19 mm diameter. It came with the "18" bushing, and is light and hollow.

Has anyone who received his/her swaybar from AVO measured the circumfrence to verify whether it is actually 20 mm (63 mm circumfrence)? I just want to verify that the one I received is the same one that you guys received from the group buy.

Has anyone who received his/her swaybar from AVO measured the circumfrence to verify whether it is actually 20 mm (63 mm circumfrence)? I just want to verify that the one I received is the same one that you guys received from the group buy.

Did you get a rev. A or rev. B rear swaybar? They softned the rev.B's up a bit, I think they may have also changed the stabilizer bar size in the rear - we've been shipping Rev.A rear stabilizer bars.

Cheers,

Paul Hansen

Did you get a rev. A or rev. B rear swaybar? They softned the rev.B's up a bit, I think they may have also changed the stabilizer bar size in the rear - we've been shipping Rev.A rear stabilizer bars.

Cheers,

Paul Hansen

I don't know. But either way, it's definitely thicker than the USDM LGT rear bar.

Out of curiosity - what did it cost you including fees and shipping? (if you don't mind posting it)
I won the auction for $9.61. :D

Unfortunately, the box was oversized, so shipping cost me $195 via air rather than by sea. :mad:

I think my info is accurate. I don't remember exactly where I got it. It took some google searching. SC GT will correct me if I'm wrong :)

I went and measured (its in storage )and it looks like 16mm to me. This is also what Paul at AVO quoted it as. He also said the USDM GT front was 21mm and since its snowing out I will take his word for it ;) http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=74690&postcount=1

• 6 years later...

I know this is a *really* old thread, but just for completeness....the stock USDM GT front swaybar is in fact 21mm.

I was wanting to order some new bushings for my stock bar and found conflicting information. It was easy enough to measure and confirm the 21mm diameter.

-Dan

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
I have a 2011 Legacy Premium. Does anyone know the size of my Front and Rear Bars? Or, do I even HAVE a front sway bar? I noticed there's no talk of replacing front bars. Why is that?

Replacing front bars with with something stiffer will increase understeer, which subis already have and don't need more of.

Archived