LegacyGT.com

Is the o2 sensor in the header the same as the sensor in the downpipe?

I recently installed exhaust on my car (up pipe downpipe and cat back). In the process of the installation the tech working on it snipped the sensor that's right in front of the up pipe. Don't ask why, I don't know either. Obviously this is throwing a code now. From my understanding the stage 2 tune with the AP eliminates codes thrown by all other o2 sensors in the exhaust.

I'm just wondering if I could switch the sensor from the downpipe to the header, or if they're two completely different sensors. Really not trying to shell out the money if I don't need to.

Thanks for everything you guys. I would have ended up spending much more if it weren't for you.

That's splendid, glad we could help.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

OP, if it helps at all, even though it appears i'm a bit late to the game... I can confirm that the Denso 234-9120 is an exact replacement for OEM, having just replaced my AFR sensor. (Manifold)

That being said, as stated above, the front is technically an AFR sensor, the rear is an oxygen sensor.

Here's an Amazon link.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Denso-234-9120-Oxygen-Sensor-Ratio/product-reviews/B001F799X6]http://www.amazon.com/Denso-234-9120-Oxygen-Sensor-Ratio/product-reviews/B001F799X6[/ame]

• 3 months later...
Thanks man! Code still works. Hoping to resolve my P0031 code I got yesterday. $89 total picked up, not too bad :)

I'll keep it in mind, I may as well grab one since mine is about 5 years old and could possibly go right after the build is complete.

Archived