LegacyGT.com

just bought 05 gt, want to mod. Need ideas

Any route you find on the this forum will work great. Combination's of product are personal preferences. Turbo, and all other stuff are really what shows off the drivers taste. Think of it as a piece of art, No one wants the exact same painting

Do a Search for "Stage 2" and you will find a bunch of different routes to take. It's making sure everything fits up together that's the hard part.

Stick with a smaller Aftermarket Turbo, or do a Rotated stock, both will be reliable and give you the performance you are looking for

As far as the STi exhaust goes, it has been done, but is VERY UGLY imo. Stick with the dual exhausts

Seems to me that you're new to LGTs but not new to Subarus.. I'd recommend spending a few hours and reading through the Tech and Tuning forums.

You should be able to find plenty of info on the different turbos people use on LGTs and the supporting mods that go with them. If you're upgrading the turbo, then you're technically going "Stage III." You'd be looking at at least turbo, UP, DP, injectors, fuel pump, IC and a tune.

^ what mike said for performance... UP, DP, injectors, etc.

With that, you'll want handling as well... Front and rear sways, endlinks, springs, struts, brakes/brake lines. It doesn't do you any good to have 300+ whp if you can't keep in on the road.

It's cool; I'm with the band

Cheaper than Brembos and a very good upgrade are DBA 4000 slotted rotors and Hawk GP pads. Just did mine. Since 90% of the braking is in the front, stock rears are OK

More important sway bar is the rear. The Whiteline 20mm is adjustable and under $200 shipped, just did mine.

Billstein shocks are used in the Spec B - $1500 from Subaru, $600 from Tire Rack, $550 from Shox.com Requires a pair of Subaru adapters for teh fronts, about $160 shipped

H&R spings drop it a little over an inch and tighten it up. There is currently a group buy on some other brand, both sets well under $300

Bigger turbo means changing fuel system, TMIC, BOV et al. Consider a stock turbo with a DP and Stage 2 Tune. $290 for the catted DP on a group buy, $150 on Stage 2 tune from Infamous Tuning. Go 1 step colder on the plugs, about $60 for Iridium NGK's or Denso's

Cat back exhausts and intakes give little bang for the buck

If you don't go to Subaru for oil changes stock up on OEM filters and crush washers

Change ALL (I mean ALL) your fluids now and then do this anually. You won't regret it.

Archived