LegacyGT.com

Elect system upgrades

Tronix

I got a jump on my system today. After putting in a Tuned Innovations groundwire kit, I also installed a positive charging system, Stinger Expert LED voltmeter terminals.. new battery and ran the wires and fuse block for the upcoming system upgrade. I have a new strut bar and an oil catch install coming up so i'll take better pics then. I have to go grab some more wire to run that ground from the pcs down and around instead of on top like you see. I also just painted my yellow caps red, so the engine bay is really cleaning up nice.

My electrical system is solid now, so its time to add the infinity amp/JL audio clean sweep and the infinity door speakers.. should be quite a nice setup.

hows this look so far..

http://www.tcforum.com/tronix/legacy/elec1.jpg

-Tronix(dig?)GT

for more pics and info... http://angevine.org/legacy/legacy.html

how much did that all run you/ what is the purpose...

cuz it looks friggin sick but i have no idea wat it does... im going to get shortly a audibahn cab with 2 12's in it and an audiobahn amp... will i need to do what u did?

Purpose: When you start heavily modifying your car (performance) , people fail to realize that adding 100hp starts to have an effect on the entire car. The stock charging/electrical system is set up to be perfectly adequate for the car in stock mode. but when you start adding, you have to add across the entire board. kind of like.. when you go stage 3 and you plop on a big turbo on, and a FMIC.. but you get stuck and just cant quite get past that 350hp mark, well thats because you dont have an adequate fuel system to deliver to that new turbo. This is the same type of situation. The stock ground wire's are very small. they work great for stock, but if you start cranking out alot more power or upgrade your stereo system you need to upgrade your electric system as well. I've had alot of experience in the past with having inadequate charging systems, battery, alt, etc.. so I like to err on the side of badass ;) Ive upgraded the ground wires, and doing that has several benefits ranging from eliminating noise in your sound system to stabilizing torque. and on the positive chargnig system, basically that acts as a capacitor.. so if you have lightened pullies or you are running an amp on your car that adds additional drain on the battery it stores a charge that makes up for that small fluctuation in power. so if your amp makes a huge draw at the same time that you put your pedal down, you dont lose that power. The LED voltmeter is mostly for looks, but I like to see that my system is running smooth and when I crank the stereo up that im not taking a huge hit on the battery. the STi tiedown, purely bling. and finally the battery is just a slight upgrade. I had one laying around, and it has a better cranking amperage and running load, so I tossed that in instead of the stock battery. In all, Im ready to add to my sound system. and man will it sound good ;)

For your setup. I ran the exact same thing in my celica..

http://www.teamcelica.com/members/2/tronixceli17.jpg

I used the 1 farad cap.. should be enough for what you are doing The only thing I would recommend for you to add for just those things would be a groundwire kit...

http://tunedinnovations.com/groundwires.asp?Product=9

See you should always have the same amount of ground as you do power.. Like if you are running a 4 gauge power wire (and actually needing it), and a measily 14 gauge ground.. you are going to have a slower and hotter draw. and for $35 its a no-brainer upgrade.

Price.. groundwires.. $35 PCS..$35 terminals.. $65.. battery.. $80 tiedown.. $25

nickle and dimers..

-Tronix(elecTRONIX)GT

for more pics and info... http://angevine.org/legacy/legacy.html

looks good...im planning on upgrading my system and didnt really think about this part of it. I already have an extra cap lying around so would i really need a positive charging system?

also, post some pics when you install your system!!

alright well im a noob and i just bought for 200 bucks a Audiobahn sub box with 2 10's in it with the clear center w/ the blue neon light... and it says 600 hp on the top... and a 750 watt 2 channel pioneer amp... the only wires i have are from the sub to the amp on each sub... likethe red and black ones.. but i want to get those banana clips instead... can you breifly tell me what i need/ how much it might cost... i want to get a bass knob controler too

thanks

Purpose: When you start heavily modifying your car (performance) , people fail to realize that adding 100hp starts to have an effect on the entire car. The stock charging/electrical system is set up to be perfectly adequate for the car in stock mode. but when you start adding, you have to add across the entire board. kind of like.. when you go stage 3 and you plop on a big turbo on, and a FMIC.. but you get stuck and just cant quite get past that 350hp mark, well thats because you dont have an adequate fuel system to deliver to that new turbo. This is the same type of situation. The stock ground wire's are very small. they work great for stock, but if you start cranking out alot more power or upgrade your stereo system you need to upgrade your electric system as well. I've had alot of experience in the past with having inadequate charging systems, battery, alt, etc.. so I like to err on the side of badass ;) Ive upgraded the ground wires, and doing that has several benefits ranging from eliminating noise in your sound system to stabilizing torque. and on the positive chargnig system, basically that acts as a capacitor.. so if you have lightened pullies or you are running an amp on your car that adds additional drain on the battery it stores a charge that makes up for that small fluctuation in power. so if your amp makes a huge draw at the same time that you put your pedal down, you dont lose that power. The LED voltmeter is mostly for looks, but I like to see that my system is running smooth and when I crank the stereo up that im not taking a huge hit on the battery. the STi tiedown, purely bling. and finally the battery is just a slight upgrade. I had one laying around, and it has a better cranking amperage and running load, so I tossed that in instead of the stock battery. In all, Im ready to add to my sound system. and man will it sound good ;)

-Tronix(elecTRONIX)GT

Any chance you could post step by step instructions on how to install this? I want to do it, but I am not mechanically inclined, and need things explained before I do them. Thank you!!

Any chance you could post step by step instructions on how to install this? I want to do it, but I am not mechanically inclined, and need things explained before I do them. Thank you!!

I see they have instructions on their website...

However, they show photos of the STi engine for the installation...I already asked a guy who was selling ST- kits if they would fit the LGT, and he said he no, due to the plastic cover and apparently different OEM ground points.

What do you think?

Archived