LegacyGT.com

running rich after stage 3 install..any help appreciated!

So im new to the forum and recently purchased a 2005 subaru legacy gt limited 5mt at stage 2 about 3 months ago. Just got done with my stage 3 install and Infamous tune and im running way to rich. In learning view my IAM is 1.00 and all my fuel trims are -14.99. When I first start the car in the morning it cranks then stumbles, almost stalls out a d then revs back up to where it's suppose to and smells like gas from the exhaust. While driving it hesitates and at 3/4 throttle (highest iv pushed it so far since stage 3) it doesn't even have the power that stage 2 had. Any ideas as to what my issue is?? Im thinking its all in the tune I received but I can't get ahold of anyone at infamous iv been trying for over a week with no responses or help from shamar. Is it safe to be driving since its my dd?? Here is my mod list:

Bnr 18g

Dw 740cc injectors

Dw 65c fuel pump

Fms tmic

Perrin inlet

k&n typhoon intake

Grimmspeed ebcs

Grimmspeed crank pulley

Invidia up pipe

Cut catted downpipe

Infamous oil lines

Gfb 50/50 bov (running at 50% recirc)

Infamous stage 3 tune

Think that's it. Appreciate the help guys!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted your other post!
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Thanks for deleting the other! Scaseys wouldn't running lean be a vacuum leak? Or you leaning towards the idea that the computer is trying to compensate for a major vacuum leak/lean condition by dumping fuel?

You were running fine and all of a sudden this just happened? How long ago did you get your infamous tune? That infamous tune was done with all of the listed mods installed already?

send a pm to m_sprank regarding infamous and shamar

No my car was stage 2 on the stock vf40 when I bought it. I was told by the previous owner it was ti ed by infamous and was on stage 2. When I bought it all it gad for parts was the up pipe, down pipe, k&n typhoon, and the tune. It ran perfect on this setup. Now after all the listed mods and loading my new stage 3 tune its been acting this way.

Take a learning view snapshot (.jpg) and post it as an attachment.

It's my understanding most Stage 3 initial tunes are on the rich side for safety reasons, then it gets scaled down slowly over the course of the revisions. Yours, however, seems to be on the extreme side of things.

Is it a Infamous tune? If so Datalog it and send them a copy of the log. If you bought the stage 3 tune from them Im pretty sure you get revisions to get the tune dialed in

2006 Legacy GT 5EAT Perrin UP, SPT CAI, OBXR CBE, Catless DP, Perrin TMIC, Stage 2 AP tune

Soon after BNR 16G, Infamous Tune

Yea I installed the injectors, pump, turbo, ebcs, tmic, oil lines, and tune at the same time. Yes it is an Infamous stage 3 tune. My concerns are im not going to log a full throttle pull and send it to shamar if its running like this. I really don't think its a very good idea. I do however have a learning view that was sent to shamar twice and called twice and its been over a week with no help. I talked to mike from infamous and he was trying to get ahold of shamar...but for now until I hear anything back im just trying to figure out if anyone else has any ideas or if this has happened to them. I also understand that the first base map should obviously be rich rather then lean to avoid burning up the engine but its defiantly way way way to rich and im starting to wonder if its safe to even daily drive taking it east on it.

injectors should be tuned on your base map if shamar knew you had 740's in to begin with.... the scalar and the latencies (which he likely knows off the top of his head) should be input in, after that it should be much closer to acceptable trims...

it *should* be okay to WOT seeing as its rich, and it's confirmed it is (atleast in closed loop), there is a chance of carbon fouling the plugs if it is too rich...though not sure how likely that is to happen...

Archived