LegacyGT.com

STI Brembo's Installed....

edmundu

If I had to surmise my thoughts on the Brembo's to just one word....I would have to say AMAZING!!!

Whoever said that these weren't going to be much of an upgrade, ARE dead wrong! These brakes are fantastic, from how they grab, the firm pedal feel, and of course, how they look!

I haven't yet installed SS lines, and am just using the factory rubber lines, even with that, they feel tremendous. They also only have the stock pads, but again they certainly are an upgrade over what we have stock.

I haven't yet done the rears, because I'm having some trouble sourcing nice unchipped rear calipers. But also, after speaking with Saurin? of MPJ Performance, he had mentioned that upgrading the rears would be mostly cosmetic.

I'll wait and see, how these workout, and when I need to get pads, I'll then also put in SS lines.

Sorry guys, but I have no pics yet, because the Mrs. has the digi-cam, and besides, I needed to get this swap done while she was away, so I guess you'll just have to wait, until perhaps later tonight, before I can get a snapshot of them.

If you can pick these up for a good deal, don't hesitate, get them!

PS The STI Brembo caliper pistons, are just about an equal for our stock twin pistons, so brake bias should remain unchanged. This was also confirmed with a call to Stoptech, who also use the same exact calipers for both the STI and the LGT.

Edmund

brembo.jpg.69be303ee3444d108438a40f541415c6.jpg

whl_side.jpg.449883d5b3b6c282fa3c734d0a564bed.jpg

I'll Endless BBK my car later. Nothing like having a 14" rotor instead of a 12.8" from the STi... if you want to feel stopping power, 14" is where it's at.

Keefe

Too rich for my blood. Only in my dreams......sigh..... That's why I got the STI takeoff's.

Too rich for my blood. Only in my dreams......sigh..... That's why I got the STI takeoff's.

Don't let him put you down, they look great and I bet they are amazing like you said. There's no need for anything more if you don't race.

After i did the front rotors and pads on my car it was a night and day difference, def. a first mod for any powercar.

I would agree with your guy Saurin about the aesthetic appeal for the rear, typically it's a 70/30 - 80/20 % split on stopping power front / rear. But I do have to recommend painting your calipers in the back to match the front, or paint them both black. Would flow better. :)

Don't let him put you down, they look great and I bet they are amazing like you said. There's no need for anything more if you don't race.

After i did the front rotors and pads on my car it was a night and day difference, def. a first mod for any powercar.

I would agree with your guy Saurin about the aesthetic appeal for the rear, typically it's a 70/30 - 80/20 % split on stopping power front / rear. But I do have to recommend painting your calipers in the back to match the front, or paint them both black. Would flow better. :)

I'm not taking it as a putdown, just stating that I would go Endless too, if I could. But I'm quite satisfied with what I have, plus once I get pads/lines, it should help it even more....

The rears will be matched, just didn't know if I wanted to invest the time color matching/painting, when I was still looking to put the Brembo's on the rear as well. Which I'm still leaning towards, mostly because I like matched/engineered sets.

Now I just have to find some nice rears for sale!

I'll Endless BBK my car later. Nothing like having a 14" rotor instead of a 12.8" from the STi... if you want to feel stopping power, 14" is where it's at.

Keefe

If ever you get sick of your Endless, i'll take em off your hands :rolleyes:

Care to share how much it cost parts/installation ?

No problem!

I picked up the

calipers

pads

factory rubber lines

rotors

bolts

dustshields

(Parts had about 3-4k miles, basically new!)

Total = $700.

Add to that some brake fluid, new bleed wrench, bleeder hose about $20.

I did the swap/install myself, super easy!!! I didn't need the dustshields, because they would not have fit, besides the existing ones were big enough and did not hinder/get in the way at all!

I also installed the Cobb dp the night before, and that took longer than to put these beauties on! Literally it took me about 1 1/2 hrs, including lifting, putting away, cleaning up, and bleeding the lines. The Cobb took about 2hrs, because its tough to work from jackstands....

The fronts ARE straight bolt-on!

Even the STI brakes lines are identical. The rears OTOH, do unfortunately need a custom bracket, and some sort of custom sleeve to reduce the parking brake to 170mm, from the STI's 190mm.

Or you can pick up custom 2 pc rotors, but either way it's not very cheap, nor easy to source. I'll patiently try to put it together, so I have a matching set!

An awesome upgrade mate!

Could you please provide more details of which year/model STI the calipers/discs came from? Why the hell was everyone saying that custom brackets are required for front sti brembos to go on GT?

ps its sauren ;)

and he is a good guy, and i agree with him the effects of the rears wouldnt be as big of a change as having the fronts.. You would see some difference because the legacy isnt as front bias as the wrx but none the less it would be the world of difference you have seen now.

congrats!!

and im going for the AP 6pots when i can stash away the cash.. (damn womenz... damn debt)

Archived