LegacyGT.com

Reverse Lights - HIDs?

Hey, has anyone been able to retrofit the reverse lamps with HIDs?

Cuurently, there are LEDs in there, but I'm looking for something brighter. One of my buddies installed HIDs in his Grand Cherokee SRT-8, and I thought it could be possible here too....

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

people in club grand prix have done reverse hids, using the bixenon kit. it uses the halogen high beam for regular reverse usage, and then you can turn on the HID with a seperate switch. (tailgate blinders)

people in club grand prix have done reverse hids, using the bixenon kit. it uses the halogen high beam for regular reverse usage, and then you can turn on the HID with a seperate switch. (tailgate blinders)

That is just plain dumb.

If the $50 LEDs arnt doing it for you then you shouldn't be backing up.

I think the tint I put over the lens darkened it too much.

The LEDs are from V-LEDs, and they are brighter than stock. I put the stock bulb back in for a Left to Right comparison.

Even the HID in the warm up phase is still brighter than any bulb.

I'm worried about the heat in the halogen....

I dont think its a good idea... Imagine you r trying to parallel park on a crowded street and you will blind the heck out of everyone behind :lol:

How about you dont use the reverse once? ever go back and ford 3, 4 times trying to get to a parking spot? Then your HID wont have enough time to warm up and keep being turned off and on.. it's toasted :lol:

I think a few people have been able to use HIR bulbs for reverse lights as a solution for more light output from the reversies.

Anyone have a link there?

Let's look at it this as a type A type B failure -

HID USE: Type A - People stop as I'm backing up, I see everything, don't run anyone over, no damage to any vehicles. Temporary Blindness.

DIM Reverse Lamp: Type B - Can't see, people get hit, vehicles get damaged.

:confused:

Archived