LegacyGT.com

Greetings and a Manual Transmission question

Hey all. I'm new to the forums, but I like what I've been reading. Would anybody be able to help with a transmission issue I'm experiencing? I drive a 2008 Legacy manual, no turbo.

Here it is: When the car is moving, and I put the trans into neutral w/ foot off the clutch pedal, the RPM's dip excessively low. At low speeds (i.e. slowing down for a stop) the tacho goes down to near 500rpm (lowest tick mark on the gauge before 0). Sometimes the condition is severe to the point the RPM gets below 500, and the car shuts off.

Has anybody else experienced this? Am I missing something? This issue is driving me crazy. I never experienced this on my Integra.

Might be an air leak somewhere. Take it back to the dealership and tell them you want them to fix it and you're not gonna pay for them to do it.

My 92 idles at below 500 all the time, but sometimes it still idles at RPM's as low as 100! I've checked the hoses, and re-routed a broken one so that it will still run with no leaks. The idle smoothed out a bit but it still idles real low. Mine never stalls out though.

Welcome to the site.

There is a current thread on this issue here http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107152

I would have the dealer check it out and there might be a re-flash available to address your concern.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

• 2 months later...

It depends on what you compare with.

There are a lot of manual gearboxes that are a lot worse than the Subaru box.

I would rather say that it's a question of adapting to how the gearbox feels.

453747.png

ppcjmp.... I would agree 100%, I've driven many MTs and it seems to me that it is most predominant when going from 3rd to 4th too. I sometimes grind a little from 2nd to 3rd, but usually when I'm eager to pass so I have just chocked that up to me being too quick on the clutch.

I've also noticed problems going into reverse sometimes..... but this is WAY off topic.....

vr4Legacy We must have the same batch number transmission!If I rev it up and go from second to third, it gets balky, sometimes.Thought it was me , too.Otherwise, I absolutely love the car, and would still not want the automatic.

Archived