LegacyGT.com

Finally got Cryotuned, How about you?

KBGRIZZLY64

I've had a blast and have learned quite a bit throughout my Stage 3 e-tune with Cryotune Performance.

Kinda bittersweet now that my tune is now complete, getting the map revisions were kind of like a little Christmas, and I was excited to datalog and view the new parameters :-)

Thank you very much for all your expertise, time, and promptness Dave, I love this tune!

PS (for potential customers):

Dave reviews logs and sends his revised maps back almost too fast :-)

With my new schedule at work I wasn't able to reflash new map and log it same day, so at times it was like I was the one slowing things down, hahaha!

Edited by TheBlackPearl
Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always happy when people feel that they learned about their car and how things work. Your not the first to say your sad we are complete :)

I always like to under promise and over deliver.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

I'm always happy when people feel that they learned about their car and how things work. Your not the first to say your sad we are complete :)

I always like to under promise and over deliver.

Dave

I'm willing to bet that there will be many more! Personally, I appreciate all you have done for me and readily do for our community. I could not be happier with my CryoTune. I saw a whole lot of positive feed back for Dave on several subaru forums and decided that with his reputation and (me personally) not knowing any tuners locally, that I would seek his assistance.

Dave will get my business in the future, he truly goes the extra mile.

dave, I have been planning on getting an e-tune from you for a while but wanted to check in first. and thanks for all your great input on the site.

So I am currently running a V1 AP stage 2 91 octane.

The main reason i have been waiting on the e-tune was to diagnose engine health and chase down some boost/vac leaks because I have repeatedly had the ECU drop to wastegate boost, usually after long highway cruising stretches.

Finally started logging and I am seeing low load/low rpm knock, also some occasionally at tip in, but WOT pulls are 100% clean. Today I had the chance to run a few logs, and was able to find the sweet (sour?) spot at an engine load of around .82-106 @3000 rpm (75mph in 5th) where the knock count just climbed consistently. like couple knocks per second.

Ever run into anything like his before?

The v1 is no longer supported by cobb and cannot be tuned via ATR. You would be looking at upgrading to a v2 or v3 or selling it and going with an opensource tune. Either way we would be happy to help.

The v1 maps leave a lot to be desired as well.

The ecu dropping to wastegate boost indicates there may be another issue going on mechanically. seeing constant knock and a fixed throttle is never good. Might want to do a compression test and have a general checkup.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

thanks for the response.

Since my post, I pulled my turbo heatshield (which does rattle from time to time) and according to some quick logs, I think I eliminated the rapid accumulation of knock events at specific rpm/load.

Still have a little bit of low-load knock usually right after getting on or coming off the accelerator. But also have some potential false knock sources I am going to hunt down.

10-4 on the V1 AP, actually one of the main reasons for wanting a tune is to get off it. I have been logging with RR and am just waiting for the cable in the mail with the right chip that can load open source tunes.

I'm traveling for a couple weeks, but I will be in touch early in the new year. looking forward to working with you.

I'm nearly (I think) complete with my e-tune with Dave. I've got nothing but praise for the man and his breadth of knowledge and patience.

His base map was as strong as Cobb's OTS stage 2 while being much, much, much, smoother. Shit, I was plenty pleased with the base map - the car has never driven that smoothly before, not even when I drove it out of the dealership with 8 miles on the clock - but that was only the beginning. Each iteration has gotten progressively more powerful while retaining butter like smoothness and impeccable drivability. All that with him turning the new revision around very quickly and initially him waiting for me to chase down and fix the mechanical gremlins that were in the way. Even though I was over my allotted month due to this he never asked for anything, even though I offered, and forged on with revisions.

Great tuner and by all accounts a standup guy.

Meant to post days ago, life and work (mainly work) got in the way.

Stage 1 tune on my 07 LGT, all stock.

Xmas is over and it was great! :)

Dave did great work. He was very patient with me as I was trying to find (and had been for a while) a vac leak. After doing everything I could, finally took to the dealer and they replaced the O2 sensor I destroyed along with the MAF. Fixed the issue.

We went through 5 1/2 revision to get this done. Corrected some knock and got some nice power gains. As many people have said the car feels more like it should have off the lot. More throttle response on the low end and once I get past 1500-2000 RPM's the car tears off.

Very happy with it. And the wife is loving it as well. I think I'm bad when I drive the car, but she can make that thing drink gas like nobodies business.

Thanks DAVE!

Next steps: suspension, sway bar, beefier brakes/rotors, exhaust, then on to a DP, TMIC and Stage 2 tune.

Glad to hear your happy with how the car runs, let me know if you need any help with parts during your buildup.

Pleasure working with you

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks all for the orders so far, looks like a great start to 2014 already.

Let us know if we can assist you for dyno tuning, road tuning, and stage 1,2 and stage 3 stock fueling and aftermarket fueling E-Tunes.

We can also supply you with the parts needed to make the conversions from stock to your desired modification level as well *ie injectors,pumps,ebcs,exhaust parts etc* Get ahold of us via pm or email for quotes.

Thanks

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Finishing up my first tuning experience, I am happy with the overall outcome. Dave is a great guy who takes the time to answer questions and genuinely seems to enjoy what he does. I found nearly every day to be Christmas, as the new revisions appeared in my email.

My Stage 3 5EAT absolutely hauls on the highway now. My biggest regret is that I don't have any other subies to have tuned.

looking forward to getting tuned in probably march through you, I was e-tuned last year from another vendor on here and am unhappy with the results.

In your opinion, is it worth it to go FMIC on the stock turbo if i'm planning to upgrade to an 18g eventually, or just stick with the TMIC and add a FMIC at the time of the turbo upgrade

This is a long overdue review.

Although, I'm currently no longer running a Cryotune Stage 2 map, I just wanted to point out that when I was, I worked with Dave who knows these cars and knows how to extract maximum and safe power levels. If I find I need your services, I will definitely look to you, and I will never hesitate to recommend your services.

If you own a 4th Gen (or 5th) Legacy GT, I highly recommend you get tuned by CryoTune Performance, you won't be disappointed!

Thanks again, Dave! You are a HUGE asset to the LGT community!

RedDawg - I do not think the stock turbo benefits from a fmic so I would hold off until your turbo install.

510finn- Thank you for the good words and glad I could help.

I was road tuning an 05 LGT with a BNR16g tonight, Have a Stage 2 06 spec b on Wednesday and dyno tuning a 2012 wrx with a blouch 16GXT,id1000's etc on Friday plus the E-tunes.

I love my customers!

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are benefits to both but a dyno allows a safe/ stabile environment and you can see what changes have what direct effects. That's not to be said that a road tune cannot extract similar HP output but things like e85 conversions and higher HP setups can benefit from a dyno tune to extract every last HP safely.

A good dyno tune is followed up by some logs on the street to show the loads and levels you saw on the dyno are the same as true road load etc.

Dave

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]