LegacyGT.com

Ghost Mark from Debadge

nismoz

Hi. I wanted to know if my car would have a ghost mark if I debadge my"2.5 GT" part below the "Legacy" badge. I want to know if there would be a VISIBLE ghost marks after debadging because my car is

white color, manufactured around early 2006, and was sitting in the dealer until i purchased the car which was early october. After owning the car, the car was pretty much kept in underground parking lot

so wouldn't worry about color change from the sun after i got the car.

Any ideas? I wouldn't want to debadge it if there is a "ghost mark" :(

From what I know, and I am planning on doing this during this upcoming week:

Leave it in the sun

Take it off with finishing wire or something strong and durable

Buff out the area, clean it

Wax it

Since we have SWP's any sign of a ghost mark will probably not show up

Hope I make some kind of sense :p:spin:

you don't have to worry about any "ghost" marks on your car. All you do is remove the badge, clean up the tacky stuff a bit then wax and buff like you would normally do. My car sat on a lot for over a year but had no discolorization after I removed the badges. I kept the GT on only and removed the rest.

So safe to say is to do it.

My car sat on a lot for over a year but had no discolorization after I removed the badges.

So safe to say is to do it.

Yeah I was worrying about discolorization since its white color. You know white color car changes its color when its

exposed to sunlight to somewhat yellow color.

From what I know, and I am planning on doing this during this upcoming week:

Leave it in the sun

Take it off with finishing wire or something strong and durable

Buff out the area, clean it

Wax it

Since we have SWP's any sign of a ghost mark will probably not show up

Hope I make some kind of sense :p:spin:

I might do mine after your result :lol: because seems like we are in simular situation; white legacy and 2006 model. Yeah

I know that glue wouldn't leave any ghost mark. The ghost mark I am talking about here is discolorization of white

color as time goes by. As far as I know, exposure to the sun will promote the alter of color change.

Let me know your results!!

the longer you leave it badged the more likely the chance for it to leave a 'mark' if you debadge it later.. if you debadge everything now the paint will wear/age at the same rate, and you wont have a 'mark' there..

it also depends on how the stealership took care of the car. If they kept the rear end of the car away from the sun, then your paint should be fine. Also, the stealership should have also washed and waxed it several times. So I'm thinking that it'll be fine. Good luck though. I used Fishing line and just ran it right behind the letters. Then I cleaned off the sticky stuff with Goo Gone.

I have a satin white pearl gt as well. One day I was thinking about shaving it and I pushed on the letter with my finger to see how hard it was going to be and the thing just popped off.. Lol.. I de badged all the letters off the back of mine with just my fingers and some really strong goof off stuff. i can't see ANYTHING left behind. What we do at my car dealership is take like a credit card and slowly slide it behind the badge. once it comes off try to take the glue off with your finger. Then use a SMOOTH rag and some goof off.. White cars are the easiest to de-badge. It's the black you have to worry about.. Have fun, good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Hmm. Do I have to have a goo gone? Can I take out the left over glues with wax or aceton such as nail remover?

Dont want to buy goo gone just for small application haha.

I debadged mine and no problems. Used hair dryer, fishing line and some goo gone. There was still a tiny hint of residue that was removed with a little wax and a buff. Love the results and no problems at all.

Good luck.

Debadged my SWP after 11 months with no problems. I understand your concern, but you're overthinking this. Your paint color match between the recently debadged areas and the rest of the car will be fine. Promise.

Just do it! Debadged SWPs FTW!

Go Cardinals!

Easiest mod that can be done.....I debadged about an hour after driving home from the dealership. All you need is a heatgun (or hairdryer) and some fishing line (or waxed dental floss) and some Goo Gone for residue (or WD-40) and wax.

Hmm. Do I have to have a goo gone? Can I take out the left over glues with wax or aceton such as nail remover?

Dont want to buy goo gone just for small application haha.

DONT USE nail polish remover

Goo gone, or any paint cleaner (made for cars) will do

prob just a good washing

^^ Same here man. I just did mine today and I was worried tha the ghosting effect would stay there, cuz after the goo gone it was still there, but once I waxed it, it's gone. And btw, mine is an 05, and I bought it used. So I was super worried about the fading but after using Meguiar's wax it looks great.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/sdavis1986/debadge_fullrear.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/sdavis1986/debadge_rear_CU.jpg

Archived