LegacyGT.com

lowering springs recommendations/suggestions please

teducci

I live in a similar environment and was looking for the very same thing from my lowering springs. After much research I elected to purchase the Eibach pro kit. It offers a 1" drop in the front, and a .8" in the rear. I only had them installed on monday of this week, but so far they are exactly what I was looking for.

I own a 2.5 se and have been looking everywhere for Eibachs for my car. According to their website they have no products compatible with legacy's unless its the 2010 and up models where and how did you get yours?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are discontinued I believe... I haven't seen them in stock anywhere for a fee months. You'll probably have to get some Epics. They are the same spring

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

So I have decided on swifts for my wagon. Which struts should I go with?

Pick your spring depending on your intended strut, not the other way around. Bilstein HDs for Swifts. Swifts are designed to work w/ the Spec B top hat and thus should be used with Bilsteins and the Spec B top hat to get their advertised drop in front. If you go with a Koni and the stock KYB-style top hat, the fronts will be dumped approximately 5/8" lower than w/ Bilsteins and the Spec B top hats.

Well that explains why the front was slammed when I had swifts on. So are you talking about spec B specific springs by Swift. I thought they also made wagon /sedan specific springs

There are no Spec-B specific Swift springs, only wagon and sedan, the difference being the length of the rear springs. All Swift springs for the BL/BP generation Legacy are designed to work with Bilstein-style (i.e., USDM Spec B) struts and top hats. Thus, the advertised drop in front assumes the use of those top hats.

Same is true of pinks. That's why people who put pinks on their stock LGT KYB-style front struts/top hats ended up with about twice the advertised 15 mm (.6") drop in front.

Edited by sactojesse

I can't find anywhere that still sells Rallitek or Cobb springs, but I would be happy to go with a comparable set up from another manufacturer. What would be a good match that is similar to those springs and paired with Bilstein HDs?

Bilstein HD + USDM pinks or JDM pinks or swift?

Spec B Top hats required for front and rear with my 06EAT wagon?

Thanks

I can't find anywhere that still sells Rallitek or Cobb springs, but I would be happy to go with a comparable set up from another manufacturer. What would be a good match that is similar to those springs and paired with Bilstein HDs?

Bilstein HD + USDM pinks or JDM pinks or swift?

Spec B Top hats required for front and rear with my 06EAT wagon?

Thanks

Pinks are a JDM spring, no such thing as a USDM legacy pink spring.

Spec.B top hats only required for the front. Can re-use your stock tophats with the rear struts.

Welcome to the forum.

COBB and RalliTEK are both discontinued, and they're quite different from each other in terms of their lowering amount and spring rates, so which equivalent are you looking for?

COBB: 1.75" front, 1" rear. Exact spring rates are unknown, but they say it's progressive rates that are "close to stock". Stock rates are 3.5 kg/mm front, 5.5 kg/mm rear.

RalliTEK: 1.3" front and rear. Front rate 5.5-6.1 kg/mm, rear rate 4.3-6.5 kg/mm.

COBB and RalliTEK are both discontinued, and they're quite different from each other in terms of their lowering amount and spring rates, so which equivalent are you looking for?

COBB: 1.75" front, 1" rear. Exact spring rates are unknown, but they say it's progressive rates that are "close to stock". Stock rates are 3.5 kg/mm front, 5.5 kg/mm rear.

RalliTEK: 1.3" front and rear. Front rate 5.5-6.1 kg/mm, rear rate 4.3-6.5 kg/mm.

Rallitek were my original choice. Suggestions?

Thanks

Rallitek were my original choice. Suggestions?

Thanks

Hmm, hard to find something similar to RalliTEK since they are the only springs I know of that have a stiffer front rate compared to the rear. ION springs are probably the most similar in terms of spring rates (front: 4.0-5.2 kg/mm, rear: 6.7 kg/mm), but they're also discontinued.

If you just want the drop of the RalliTEK, H&R (1.25" front & rear) or Vogtland (1.2" front & rear) would be most similar.

The Vogtland's are quite a bit softer up front according to the Vogtland tech. When I e-mailed them they said it's 3.4-4.5 kg/mm front, 3.1-6.5 kg/mm rear, so it's quite similar to the Eibach/Epic Engineering/MSI springs.

Did they give you the same rates?