LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy GT 5EAT

Manchito

Hello Folks !

I already own a 2007 2.5i which im 100% happy with , but i came across a deal that i might jump on.

So , its a Legacy GT 5EAT 2005 GRP , with 124,000 Miles on it , new turbo and new engine with the basic coverage for the engine.

Now , me and my dad took a quick look on it : Body is mint except for a single scratch , interior is clean , car has been in a garage all the time .

I will go take a look under the hood this week. Dealer said no mods on the car , and the previous and only owner was doing all the maintenance at the dealer.

The car is located at the dealer , and they ask 10k for it, which im sure i can get it for lower than that. Remember also that im in Canada , so price are different.

My question is the following : the car will be a summer/week-end car ONLY , do you think it worth the price ?

And my dad is a truck mechanic , so he will look at the basic things , but is there anything he should know when looking at it ?

Thanks guys for the help , ive read alot here , but most of my current knowledge is from the N/A , so im a bit lost onto this.

• 2 weeks later...

The 1st thing you need to do is remove the oil filter in the oil feed line to the turbo. If you don't it will clog and destroy the turbo. You can Google the Subaru service/technical bulletin #02-106-08R which says to replace it regularly but you don't need it so just take it out.

If the car is not modified, and I would carefully check under the hood and look for anything that is not stock such as electrical connections that have been bypassed, it sound like the car was not serviced regularly which would make me concerned about the differentials and the transmission. I would check to make sure there are no leaks or whines that would signify a problem. AAA offers an inspection program down here. Maybe you could find an outside shop to do an inspection?

I am not familiar with the exchange rate but that does sound like a lot for an 05 but it does have a new turbo and engine so you would think it would last a while. If its only for the weekend you might want to try a newer model. In 07 they added electronic stability control which might help you when the weathers bad.

Archived