LegacyGT.com

Whats wrong with this picture

MIKEBRAVO

Idiots, Idiots, Idiots, just got my car back after two weeks. They were suppose to fix a simple paint blemish, but instead made my car worse off then before.

• The fit and finish sucks they bent a window molding (that they are replacing)
  • There is over spray in the door jam, bottom of the bumper, and on the truck.
  • New scratches on the fender from a shitty color sand job
  • Trunk liner not aligned right
  • Put my BADGES IN THE WRONG PLACE.
  • And to add insult to injury, they used Armor All on my winter mats!!!!!!

I have an appointment for them to fix all these thing but they are waiting on the parts

2006_0220badges0012.JPG.c09b6a2050fa0f35fd1cf3ce67305122.JPG

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

Make them do it right. If they balk, just go up the ladder explaining how they created more problems than they fixed.

A few days after taking delivery I discovered a couple small blemishes on that plastic piece on the bottom rear part of the trunk lid. I thought they could just get a new painted piece and replace mine, as it unbolts easily from inside.

Dealer service manager said not a problem, definately covered under warranty but then found out that they'd have to have to repaint it as it's not available prepainted from the factory.

I decided against letting them repair it out of fear of the above scenario, where in attempting to fix a problem they make it worse or create other problems.

Even knowing where the blemishes are I still have to really look to pick them out so I'm happy I left well enough alone.

In their defense, they are going to fix all of the f-ups, but it is a huge inconvenience. They did replace my mats on the spot and ordered the window molding, which can only be ordered with the whole window assembly. To add the badges cost $136.00 their cost, the window another two bills, $50.00 for the mats, reapply the sealant and that’s not even taking in to account labor, finally the loaner for another week. Oh well, too bad for them.

Posted is the original problem

2006_0206paintwork0002.JPG.78358e93ee976903dd1f41fe81e50931.JPG

2006_0206paintwork0003.JPG.3bbd54623fb79204d8e6de2258f6a096.JPG

so what was the original problem that had the car in the shop in the first place? and was this done at the dealership?

The original problem was paint flaws. It looked like some one splashed brake/trasmission fluid and the rear bumper, brake light and fender, and after this incident with the dealer it doesn't suprise me. Pics are on the previous page.

The funny thing is, when I took the car in for this work I asked the dealers manager if this damage was from the factory or showroom. He said "It looks like we need to provide you satisfaction". In other words we f-uped and we were hoping you didn't see it unitl you got home.

Me too. I just finished the list of "things you need to fix" ( a scant 13 items)Hopefully those idiots will use it like a check list so I wont have to go back, but I doubt it. I'm sure this is the start of a long drawn out process that is going to leave me more pissed.

• 3 months later...

Archived