LegacyGT.com

What is this part from 96 Legacy with the 2.5 or 2.2?

• I Donated

That looks like the piece that holds the belt cover on. It goes on the driver side bolt of the alternator and the belt cover sits on top of it. That 10mm bolt is what bolts the cover on. The open ended part slides right behind the head of the alternator bolt.

Do I win a prize for knowing the correct answer to the most random Subaru question ever asked? lol

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
I only know because I was in the same shoes he is in a few years back. I vowed that I would never again forget where that piece goes! lol...

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
Thanks guys. Now I feel stupid again.

Tom

No worries Tom! It happens to the best of us. At least you're not posting that your running lights are not turning off! lol

Does your 2.2 have a nipple between the coil and throttle body?

Still on this are we? Remind me next weekend when Jab is here visiting and I'll look at his car and take some pics to see how its set up

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Does your 2.2 have a nipple between the coil and throttle body?

Not sure what you mean by nipple; there is a slightly raised bump between the coil pack and the flat surface that the TB mounts to, but no nipple that you could attach a hose to.

To the passenger side of the TB on the plenum the 2.2 had two nipples for vacuum hoses whereas the old 2.5 we took out had a plug in place of one of the nipples. Couldn't get the plug out of the 2.5 so we found another 1/8" NPT plug and we were up and running.

I went to several of the u-pull-it type yards yesterday looking for a front bumper for the 96 and was amazed at how many 2.2 powered cars were there. This one yard only wanted 218.00 for a complete engine and I found one that had only 86K miles on the clock that I might go back and get the timing covers from.

Tom

Archived