LegacyGT.com

2011 Sti live

pathfin9

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://cache-01.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2010/04/800x600_2011_subaru_wrx_sti.jpg

http://cache-10.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2010/04/800x600_2011_subaru_wrx_sti_2.jpg

http://cache-04.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2010/04/800x600_2011_subaru_wrx_sti_3.jpg

http://cache-09.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2010/04/800x600_2011_subaru_wrx_sti_4.jpg

Not very impressed, IHMO.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

Guest JessterCPA
Back to its hooligan roots with a wing the size of a house...I like it.

Exactly. It's supposed to be obnoxious.

I like the suspension upgrades and the lighter wheels. I Like the understated blue a lot, but I would really like options for the wing. Maybe 1. Whale tale, 2. Mid-height spoiler, 3. spoiler delete. I realize the STi niche crowd loves the wing but if SOA wants this car to move beyond a low-volume niche market there has to be a more mature option available. I'm no teenager, so though I am seriously attracted to the performance, I'm not dropping 40k for a Fast&Furious pimp mobile.

Personally, when I'm looking for my next ride in 2 years the STi will be a finalist but I'd rather have a STi Limited 5-Door or a LGT Limited with a STi 6-spd option (I know, I know, but a man can dream)

Its better, but once again I dont know what theyre thinking with these really crappy looking tail lights on the Imprezas, both the hatch and the sedan.. Those things are just huge and stand out way too much.

Tail lights are supposed to be.. on the tail! People behind you dont see brake lights from the side!

Oh and one more thing.. Toyota absolutely sucks with extra body moldings that look like crap and really have no function. You can see obvious influences on the front and rear lip of this car. I just hope that since this is an STI they actually atleast do perform some aerodynamic function.

they said pillowball bushings in the front. i'm guessing they are talking about the rear LCA bushing?!? which means we might be able to use it for us! hopefully cheaper, but i don't know how bad noise/vibrations might increase.

Looks aside, the motor is ******* ancient at this point and not really competitive for the asking price. 300hp is not enough imo for an sti out the door around 40k with all taxes said and done.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Tim Mahoney should be marketing Prius. His appearance, demeanor, and style are completely out of place here. I certainly wouldn't buy a car from him. Heck, I wouldn't want to share an elevator with him.

ITS CRAP!!!!!! Subaru is really becoming a trendsetter in crappy decisions...First the Legacy, now a WRX STi in both wagon and sedan form that have ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGES TO HP/TQ NUMBERS!!!! I can buy a run of the mill WRX for 10K less with just as good performance!!?!?!?!? WTF ARE YOU ALL DOING SUBARU!!!!! Alright, I am off my soapbox...

^^^^ I agree with you ITS CRAP, I was very anxious to get a look at the new STI sedan and it did nothing for me. That thing looks like some sort of kia monster truck, I know its stock and I had no expectation of it being low but seriously the wheel gap on that rear quarter panel is ridiculous, not sporty at all like that wing suggests.

Speaking of wing I totally agree with them offering options on it which I hope they do, it really does look like some F&F car which I would never spend my 40K of hard earned cash on. What kid can spend that kind of money on a car (or rather what kids parents), not many, good job subaru on loosing a lot of your fan base. First WRC and now this!

It is plain to see what sort of decision making goes on. The easiest course, not the best strategy or tactics.

But there are fan-boys and sycophants who will continue to maintain that merely working for Subaru elevates those people to omniscient overlords of the auto industry who make much better decisions than others are capable of, and can do no wrong, and we all just need to accept and realize that, and are morally obligated to spend money on what they deign to sell. Not for your sake, but for theirs.

Archived