LegacyGT.com

H7 LED headlight test

tonybuttons

So... I know, I know. But I had some questions and I found a set of 7.5 watt LED H7 lamps on Ebay for under 15 dollars, and I couldn't resist. Overall conclusion: Not to be used.

A couple of observations: It did light in the drl setting, but it was dim and blinky. When in full lowbeam headlight mode, it looked way bluer behind the projector, and didn't kick out nearly enough light. Are the projector lenses tinted? It was really pretty bright outside of the housing. I took a few pictures, but I'm only posting one, because it shows the light output against a wall, and that's all you need to tell you that you can't use it. Oh well... DRL disable and HID's here I come.

IMAG0015.thumb.jpg.401e00ecdb996f169989c0b71af1c146.jpg

Conclusion: junk.

Thanks for sharing. Honestly.

LED lighting when done right is effective. But there is a big difference between what Porsche puts in their cars and this 15 buck eBay experiment.

I actually found the same 7.5 watt LED for the high beam, and it works a lot a better in the reflector than behind the projector, but still isn't incredibly bright... I did a test in the dark and it does throw more light to sides and higher up, but I wouldn't use them if I actually needed to see more. I left them them in because I never use them, they look kind of cool with the aluminum housing, and they match the color of the HID H7's I got.

LEDhb3.jpg.bc8053bd65e82303c231c7f7cf3f9ed3.jpg

Archived