LegacyGT.com

Legacy Wide body?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
K2Gear has some widebody kits.

Go to

http://www.k2gear.com/

and scroll down to the banner where it says "Reiz Wide Body" with a White Legacy and click it.

If I am not mistaken, some vendor here sells K2 Stuffs.

Do you know the vendor?

That steering wheel is incredible.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

thanks for all the links but I purchased some ARC universal flares a year ago and they really didn't do it for me because I'm thinking more like WRC style. don't get me wrong it looks ok but I want, you know, wide. really wide. i know it sounds bizarre but that's what i'm fishing for. I'm thinking i'm going to learn to how to fiber glass and build my own. Anyone experts on fiber glass??

thanks for all the links but I purchased some ARC universal flares a year ago and they really didn't do it for me because I'm thinking more like WRC style. don't get me wrong it looks ok but I want, you know, wide. really wide. i know it sounds bizarre but that's what i'm fishing for. I'm thinking i'm going to learn to how to fiber glass and build my own. Anyone experts on fiber glass??

I have 4 years glass and composite experience. Everything from carbon fiber skateboards (a special was run on HBO about what we were doing), a 32 roadster, and I'm now a field tech repairing wind turbine blades for major wind energy companies. :) There's some other small things in between but those are the major ones.

I'm also thinking of doing a custom widebody but haven't really planned it out and need a dd before any of my wishful thinking actually comes to life..

good luck man! let me know how things turn out. I might be visiting you to have you do one for me. I'm not sure what a dd is but who knows, you might get it before you expect it. by the way I just moved from Oregon City. I loved it there.

My folks live here and i'm visiting them for a few months. I was with Youth With A Mission in Oregon so when that got done I came here. But yeah no one should live here. I'm a nomad. I just travel, sleep in my Legacy, see things, meet people, work at coffee shops. You're Legacy's what's up! wow.

• 4 months later...
i know there is a search feature, but since i couldn't find anything relevant, i am asking. if anyone has driven an LGT with Si-Drive and compared it to pre Si-Drive LGT???

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50640

First Google search result.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I see what the OP is asking for. He doesn't just want fender flares like the 2010 Legacies. He wants an actually extension of the fenders (like the S402 fenders) and quarter panels.

That is what I am looking for as well. However, OP, keep in mind that you may need a rocker panel flare as well, so the wide body flows more smoothly as you drool looking at it. :)

If you want a wide wide body like the early model 2002's or e30 m3's your best bet is to glass them.

Here is a very basic outline of what will need to be done-

-Your car needs to be able to be out of commission for weeks in order to do the job right

-if you arent an expert, practice glassing something easy, maybe a little speaker enclosure on the door panels or w.e

-you will pretty much HAVE to cut the fenders, and have aftermarket wheels with big spacers, or any wide body will look like a carport protecting your wheels.

-Once you get a design going, mask it out, and adhere closed cell foam to the car fenders or anywhere you want to add accents.

form the foam so that it looks like you have a foam widebody kit on your ride. THIS NEEDS TO BE PERFECT!!

-Finally, glass 3+ layers over the foam, remove everything, shave the foam away from the back of the new glass

-Adhere, sand, form, and bondo the glass- hardest part

- repaint the car!

this is a hugge job but my belief is, with the proper method, it can be done...

^^^

It is...but when you attach composite parts to metal parts without a seam...they tend to make their own in the form of cracks after time.

Most of the race cars rivet their fender extensions on there, and arent designed really to be pretty...more so functional. And they only last one race.

Might be a better bet to make a mold for a polyurethane/CF/glass fender replacement. The rear will be a challenge though...

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

Archived