LegacyGT.com

Must purchase new car soon, '06 LGTs have fewer issues?

I suddenly find myself in need of a car and the LGT is at the top of the list. I've done the back-to-back comparisons with a WRX (had an '02 and don't think I can go "backward") and the LGT seemed better suited to my 38-year-old mind and body that still craves speed.

I've noted most of the problems/complaints seem to surround the '05s. Can some '06 owners chime in?

I have a STG 2, LGT w/ 25K on the clock w/ all maintenence records, receipts etc... that I am willing to let go at a very favorable price.... let me know if you are interested

-xtec 6000K xenons

-Helix upipe

-Cobb catted downpipe

-Cobb AP

-Cobb short shifter

-New Avon M550 tyres

My ass is a little on the wide side actually:icon_bigg

Little things aggravate me because I think that they point toward larger quality issues--- sloppy stiching on the seats or door panels that scuff when breathed upon make me wonder about the integrity of the mechanical bits, really the only thing that concerns me.

Thing is, I convinced my folks to buy an Outback 3.0R a few months ago so my gut tells me that Subaru doesn't make crap. Only issue of note with their car (so far) was an overfilled transmission.

Subaru's got a damn-near Audi-quality interior in the limited LGT's. My dad drives a Cayenne Turbo, my brother has an '03 A4, and the Legacy stands up pretty well. I went with black interior, the plastic aluminum pieces are a lot less offensive than the plastic fake wood trim in the beige, but other than that, no complaints whatsoever.

Never start modding, kids. It's too late for me, save yourselves!

Hooray for 07+ AccessPORT!

The new Legacy's interior is very nice by my standards and far nicer than the previous generation's, but it's definately not up to Audi standards. Any 01+ Audi has better materials, fit, and finish. That includes the A3, though its interior is rather plain looking. Of course how a car drives is more important to me than how nice its interior is, hence why I got an LGT and not an A4.

The Cayenne I dunno about - I've never been in one of them.

I've been in my fair share of Audis and even the ones with high miles exhibit little or no wear to interior surfaces, even at the hands of friends who are careless slobs. The interior in the current Legacy looks nearly as expensive until you reach out and touch/push on surfaces and they "give"-- the console especially feels flimsy.

I'm really not concerned about the soft bits, just mechanical integrity. I'd like to drive my future LGT for 4-5 years or so without a concern for major mechanical failures. As an enthusiast, the choice of an an LGT over an Accord or Camry is a no brainer and I wouldn't bother with an A4 anyway. My fingers are crossed that the bugs are worked out and I can rejoin the family...

Archived