LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

2005 LGT Limited 5 speed 139k, purchased last May with 128K. Replaced left passenger rear wheel hub, brakes rotors, intake, exhaust, DP, steering rack, tie rods inner/outer. Needs front drivers Hub, control arms and sway bar end links all around.... yaaay:mad:

Sounds like you bought a fixer upper? :confused:

I meant this.

Yeah -that's broken. As others have mentioned, get the reinforcing brackets bolted in and repair/replace the existing bracket.

And, not judging, but how do you get around in snow/ice/slush conditions on tires that look like they're at/near the end of their useful service life?

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I have alignment issues that lead to the uneven tire wear. Ball joints/ tie rods need replacing up front and the lateral links? are worn in the rear. If I can find it I'll post my last alignment sheet. Inclement weather kinda scares me these days. Hard pack is fine but in slush the car wobbles side to side. The right can fell off sometime last year so I just have a straight pipe going from the resonator back, exiting the left. Thankfully my tax return money came in today, so I'll be getting the white line bump steer kit and a new camber kit for the front and the white line adjustable lateral links with the avo reinforcing bracket for the rear. Hopefully after that I'll be good for a while. I am getting one or two misfires on cylinder 4 upon start up so I don't really know how much life she has left. I will rebuild though...

Still rocking the Original Motor & VF-40 Turbo with 15k OCI. Stage 2+, custom tune at 18.5psi. Currant mileage:213310

Pics. of my heads\cams with about 200k.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/1119122111_zpsa9db5ddd.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/1119122035_zps18cd8af5.jpg

Mike

You've never replaced the timing belt and water pump?

Rob

WikedWgn

You've never replaced the timing belt and water pump?

Rob

WikedWgn

Just the timing belt & tensioner @ 110k. I'm a little over do, but waiting on some parts & a full weekend. Job crazy busy, 6 days a week, 55-66 hrs. I'll be a lot over do by time I have time to get it done.:eek::spin::rolleyes:;):)

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

approaching 220k. everything still running strong....except my suspension. I'm still on stock suspension. it's been fine going over speed bumps, no weird noises, no bouncy bouncy. however when you go over fast, it is of course a little harsh.

about 2 years ago I had the front control arms and all the smaller bits replaced at the same time (control arm cracked when they tried to press out the bushing). Last time I was under the car though, it appears those need to be replaced again.

I don't think I've replaced the rear endlinks. can't remember doing it.

On to my two issues I need input on:

1. when I back my car up out of it's parking space in the morning I occasionally get what I can only describe as a "binding" type occurance with the right front wheel. Kinda like you are backing up over ice and then you hit pavement again.

could that be the control arm bushings or end link?

2. this noise I hear when I am turning left from a stop sign/light. don't hear it as much turning right. creaking noises coming from the suspension. sounds like it's mostly coming from the back. stops after the car has made it's turn. Now the other day I was making a right turn and I had to put the pedal to the metal and I heard all sorts of creakyness coming front the rear end.

I had planning to start replacing the suspension. My goal is to prioritize what needs replaced first. i'd rather not replace everything at once. My thought is the creaks I'm hearing are coming from my end links in the back and control arm bushings in the front.

Am I correct or am I missing something?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Just the timing belt & tensioner @ 110k. I'm a little over do, but waiting on some parts & a full weekend. Job crazy busy, 6 days a week, 55-66 hrs. I'll be a lot over do by time I have time to get it done.:eek::spin::rolleyes:;):)

Mike

OK.Cool! Where is Tioga County NY? I'm in Ulster County.

Rob