LegacyGT.com

tinted tails with Plastidip

pipi135

plastidip smoke that is. figured i would try it out since i found it locally.

the plan was to use the plastidip glossifier but i would have had to order it online which would cost $23 for one can.

it does have a matte finish though, but i kinda like it

what do you think?

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr151/thePipinator/subaru%20outback/IMG_0920-1.jpg

thanks for your opinions guys

Considering how it looks stock, I think you did well (and won't put others at risk of rearending you).

ya, its just a light tint. especially compared to what i see on the roads now

i used VHT nite-shades, used one coat on the whole thing of red and three on the chrome (clear) part and i like it. yours look good but look dull due to not having the glossifier (regular clear coat won't work)???

i was gonna just use the vht stuff but i wanted to be able to remove it. and you can use normal clear coat but it makes it very hard to remove

Is the a DDMracing sticker?

yes it is. do you have a baja?

"i was gonna just use the vht stuff but i wanted to be able to remove it. and you can use normal clear coat but it makes it very hard to remove"

the VHT comes off with some acetone and a little but of rubbing. i had to take mine completely off because something messed it up the first time.

ive had my tails like this for a few months now and its not fading any yet.

"i was gonna just use the vht stuff but i wanted to be able to remove it. and you can use normal clear coat but it makes it very hard to remove"

the VHT comes off with some acetone and a little but of rubbing. i had to take mine completely off because something messed it up the first time.

ive had my tails like this for a few months now and its not fading any yet.

I didn't know that. This would still be easier to remove though

You can buy many different shades of tint film on ebay for less then $15, removable and looks better imo

Sure but have you ever seen tinted wagon tails using a film?

Archived