• Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec
    • Dunlop SP Sport Maxx
    • Yokohoma S.drive
    • General Exclaim UHP
    • Other

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your post is somewhat flawed, the tires you list are not in the same category really.

From the choices you listed - Z1 Star Spec - no contest.

Recently bought the Kuhmo SPTs in 225/45/17 and waiting for Spring to mount them. :)

Very minimum complaints on these and the price was right.

but here's a link to your 235/45/17 size:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+SPT&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=345WR7KU31XL&fromCompare1=yes&place=8

Your post is somewhat flawed, the tires you list are not in the same category really.

From the choices you listed - Z1 Star Spec - no contest.

theyre all dedicated summers under $175... yes the z1's are slightly more performance oriented than the others but also the most expensive

theyre all dedicated summers under $175... yes the z1's are slightly more performance oriented than the others but also the most expensive

Slightly? You cannot even begin to compare some junk like General UHP to the Z1, a winning tire in autocross.

looking at getting new summers... just wanting some input

i need 235/45-17s so if you have another suggestion please make sure it's offered in that size

What are you going to use them for, street cruising or mixed street/autox/track?

Is wear the consideration, or top oerformance?

What about wet performance?

Who Dares Wins

スバル

no autox but very aggressive street driving. i love my re05s because they have great wet and dry performance however tread life is pretty poor in my opinion. so yes tread life is important as well as performance but the car is never tracked. the only racing i do is rallyx and i have blizzaks for that

I have a buddy with the direzza z1 star specs great summer oriented tire, but as soon as the roads got wet they don't grip for shit. We were taking a turn at a freeway exit going about 70 and we spun out. Currently I have the yokohama s drives and I love the tires, but I am not a very aggressive driver in no means. If you plan on being aggressive and want great performance you might want to consider the goodyear f1 asymmetric's or michelin pilot sport 2's. A lot of people say the goodyear f1 asymmetric's are a lot quiter and more comfortable after some use compared to the pilot sport 2's. Those were two other tires I was looking at but I couldn't justify the cost because of the way I drive.

If you plan on needing some rain ability as well, you might want to check out the Pilot Sport A/S tire.

Utter ignorant nonsense.

Good summer tires will pawn any A/S tire in the wet. For aquaplaning resistance a tire in the Max Summer Performance category would preferred though. Such as RE050A Pole Position, GY F1 GS-D3, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2.

In the Extreme Summer Performance you may give up some aquaplaning performance, while traction in wet will be even better.

Interestingly Dunlop Z1 is phenomenal in the wet, according to reviews far better than RE01R. Although I'd personally give a nod to GY F1 GS-D3 - that thing ripped thru deepest water with a aplomb.

Utter ignorant nonsense.

Good summer tires will pawn any A/S tire in the wet. For aquaplaning resistance a tire in the Max Summer Performance category would preferred though. Such as RE050A Pole Position, GY F1 GS-D3, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2.

In the Extreme Summer Performance you may give up some aquaplaning performance, while traction in wet will be even better.

Interestingly Dunlop Z1 is phenomenal in the wet, according to reviews far better than RE01R. Although I'd personally give a nod to GY F1 GS-D3 - that thing ripped thru deepest water with a aplomb.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I guess those would be more of a "I need these year round, not just in the summer" tire. Although I'd still take those of the General's.

Archived