LegacyGT.com

LACR Wednesday

mikeyan

Alright, whos' down to come up? I'm seriously considering going up on possibly the worst conditions to try my first time hand at Drag Racing.

I got my VB put in, shifts are stupidly fast in sport "d" mode, tune checked out over the weekend, so why the hell not?

Anyone else down for heading up? If you can get a good time up here in that craptastic weather we're supposed to have, you should be able to get a great time anywhere else :lol:

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

Looks like I'm out for LACR. I'm in the doghouse with the wife since I was at Yimi helping finish a supercharged 05 GTO for a customer. Didn't get home till 1 am and the wife was pissed. Don't think taking off for LACR is going to help my case. The GTO turned out really nice though. 1st gear is pretty useless. Even from a roll anything more than 50% throttle just spins the tires. 2nd gear is ok as long as you are pointed straight ahead. Throw in any turning and it's Tokyo Drift time! :lol: The funny thing is that while the car was fast and fun, it wasn't scary quick for me. My built motor better have some serious balls, because not too much out there is feeling that quick to me anymore ;)

Looks like I'm out for LACR. I'm in the doghouse with the wife since I was at Yimi helping finish a supercharged 05 GTO for a customer. Didn't get home till 1 am and the wife was pissed. Don't think taking off for LACR is going to help my case. The GTO turned out really nice though. 1st gear is pretty useless. Even from a roll anything more than 50% throttle just spins the tires. 2nd gear is ok as long as you are pointed straight ahead. Throw in any turning and it's Tokyo Drift time! :lol: The funny thing is that while the car was fast and fun, it wasn't scary quick for me. My built motor better have some serious balls, because not too much out there is feeling that quick to me anymore ;)

Teh SiCkneSS!

Teh SiCkneSS!

The GTO ended up making 423whp/417wtq. A little lower than we expected, but that was largely due to the car still running the stock cats and the temps being right around 95-100* on the dyno. The temp of the water in air/water IC would climb up to around 110*F at the end of a run. Throw in some ice and I'm sure it would easily pick up 30+whp. Even sicker is that all the parts are 50 state legal, CARB EO #'s on everything. And man, what a torque curve :wub:A flat plateau from right off idle to redline. It's above 350wtq for practically the entire operating range of the motor :eek:.

Funny thing is even though that SC LS2 was that sick your car will still kill it on power and looks once its done! Nothing like a muslce car owner being spanked and giving an import props. You inspire me hehe, 350+awhp will see me soon!

Mike any results?

umm.... I suck? :D;). Jon thinks something is up with my tune, not to the degree where something is wrong, but car is not advancing ignition timing nearly as much as it did when I got tuned a few months back.

I was also logging Intake Air Temps in the 58C range after waiting in line....:confused:

So i didn't really hit my target boost, or at least i never saw it. Never did better than a 2.55 60' time. Tried to save my tranny, being my first time out on a drag strip.

My best run was my third run, 14.55 :eek:. Hence I completely suck. I dumped race gas in the car after that... first run post race gas, 15.73 :spin:. Not doing that again, i forgot Jon mentioned to me that when he was tuning the car w/ meth that the ECU liked it running leaner, and that it was happier when it was leaner.

So i dunno, Jon does want me to bring the car by so he can check out the tune, but I attribute an awful lot of it to my first time and my general not really wanting to launch it hard at all. Unfortunately, I won't be able to go back and see if I can improve at LACR. I'm gonna try to get a few things checked out, but I'll go BOTI and Fun Runs only for me... Still getting this ish down

Mike

Mike, definitely have Jon check out your tune, because that mph is VERY low for the power you car should be making. I trapped at 100mph in my car at LACR at Stage 2. Your launch will not affect your trap speed much, but it does have a profound effect on your ET. Even with your grandpa 2.55 60' you should still run in the 13's with your car. I was running 13.4-13.5 at LACR at Stage 2, albeit in cooler weather. Were there any STi's or WRX's out there and if so, what kind of times and traps did they run?

Where you shifting manually or were you in sport? Did you datalog your runs, you should atleast been trapping around 105-107 mph. Fun runs none the less I bet! I can't wait until BOTI!

I'm going to guess that he was in Sport since there is still a horrible lag between when you tap the shift lever and when the tranny actually shifts. In Sport mode, Mike's car rips up to 7K rpms and shifts fast and smooth. I know, I drove his car right after the valvebody upgrade.

Where you shifting manually or were you in sport? Did you datalog your runs, you should atleast been trapping around 105-107 mph. Fun runs none the less I bet! I can't wait until BOTI!

Sport Mode....tiptronic is working better and better each day with the vb, but i can't outshift sport auto mode....it shifts very quickly, firmly and smoothlyp

I thought i started the datalog, but it didn't capture right...i did get some logs tuesday night.

Mike

Mike, definitely have Jon check out your tune, because that mph is VERY low for the power you car should be making. I trapped at 100mph in my car at LACR at Stage 2. Your launch will not affect your trap speed much, but it does have a profound effect on your ET. Even with your grandpa 2.55 60' you should still run in the 13's with your car. I was running 13.4-13.5 at LACR at Stage 2, albeit in cooler weather. Were there any STi's or WRX's out there and if so, what kind of times and traps did they run?

I didn't see their times and traps :/. Holyevo pulled low 13s at 112s or so iirc

Mike

I didn't see their times and traps :/. Holyevo pulled low 13s at 112s or so iirc

Mike

White Evo8 with a personalized plate "Holy Evo"? I'm sure you recognized that car from Yim shop right? That's a great trap speed and it's obviously making good power, but that's mediocre ET for that kind of mph. Stock turbo, TBE, injectors, pump, HKS cams and a tune. We all should have bought Evos!:lol::p:lol:

Should have bought an evo... yeah...

and Nutbucket... i'm pulling about half my timing :/ Estimated 250 or so WHP at the moment, so i'm down a great deal of power... feels so slow...

Mike

Archived