LegacyGT.com

Big Problem

Gas tank filler neck seems to be leaking right before the rubber portion with the hose clamp. Its dripping all over the passenger rear trailing arm inboard mount and the surrounding area. This is my ride to work. Im kinda freakin out because Im not sure if this is going to be able to be fixed immediately.

Any suggestions from you guys on what I should do?

Thanks in advance.

i wonder what all the guys on newer car forums talk about..

Well if they own American cars it's like, " why does my car breakdown all the time?" LOL!

Or, " why does Ford but a EcoBoost engine in EVERY car they sell?" I mean the 3.6 TT engine is kinda impressive but in every car?

Oh sorry, I would just get a new filler new if it's rusted out. I'm not sure if you have to drop the tank on ours but if you do they're a pain in the ass to drop down. I had to replace the rear brake lines on a 96 once and it's wasn't easy. That was when I first realized they run the brake and fuel lines in the car but that cars line rusted right where they came out. I believe it was pretty expensive for the customer.

Thanks guys, I think I may try to do a filler neck as the hole where it rusted is on the top side against the floor..

I believe I may get away with just replacing the filler neck without dropping the tank.

My question is will a filler neck from a sedan fit a wagon? Or is it wagon specific?

I also say an interchange in a Part no. That shows the same for a 1st gen fozzy.

i have not replaced the filler neck, but i have come very close.

my 95 was leaking and i had read the how to and about the difficulty .

once i uncovered the holes and because i was selling the car. i decided to try j-b weld?, the black and white makes gray epoxy.

i wire brushed the outside of the filler pipe around all the holes and used a rubber plumbing ''flex-connector'' with 2 pipe clamps. i split the rubber connector long wise so it would fit around the filler neck in the area of the holes.

i mixed up the j-b weld (used the putty sticks) formed it onto the bottom of filler neck and then wrapped it with the rubber connector and held in place with the clamps. let it dry over night, and did not fill the tank for several days.

i drove the car for several months with no leaks and then sold it.

this may not be the best solution, but it worked and i think it is easier than the replacement.

plus, you can always go back and replace the filler neck if it does not last.

Archived