LegacyGT.com

Which window tint percentage to go with?

Well I have a GRP LGT and have an appointment with Ziebart on Friday to get my tints. I know here in Ohio anything lower than 50% for the fronts is illegal. I was thinking of 50% fronts and 35% rears. What you guys think? Anyone with GRP let me know. Anyone got some pics? Will this look good or should I go darker? I know Toledo police are real strict on the tint rule. Anything is legal for the backs.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally don't like differences between the front and back but if you are going to go the legal route with 50% in the front then 35% in the rear would look pretty good I think.

I've never known TPD to be strict with tint though, might depend on the area you live.

I have 35% all around and was in Ohio with it for 18 months or so. The ticket isn't all that bad, from what I understand. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't even think it's a stoppable violation - so just don't give em any other reason to pull you over and you're golden. I also don't run a front plate - also highly discouraged in the great state of Ohio. I have never gotten a ticket for that either (nor in Cali where it's also against the law). Again - just don't draw attention to yourself, and you're in good shape.

*also knocks on wood*

I agree that 20% looks damn good. It is light enough to see out fine, but dark enough that it really makes a big difference in appearance. I have 5% on a single cab ranger, and it can get hard to see out of at night, but you definitely can't see inside haha. If I had it to do over, I would stick with 20%

You're all pretty lucky. In the Live free or Die state they don't allow any tint on the front windows. Rears are only allowed to be 35% or higher.

We don't have to wear seat belts or have insurance but we can't have tint on the front windows.

Makes perfect sense.

You're all pretty lucky. In the Live free or Die state they don't allow any tint on the front windows. Rears are only allowed to be 35% or higher.

We don't have to wear seat belts or have insurance but we can't have tint on the front windows.

Makes perfect sense.

They are pretty much trying to say that they don't care about your safety, they only care about the safety of the police. :lol:

So should I go 50% in front 35% in back? Or 35% front and 20% back? or 35 and 35 or 20 and 20? lol I know confusing but remember here, the car is GRP. I don't wanna make it look too dark.

If you are worried about tickets, go with 35% front and back.

One way to prevent TPD from noticing how dark the tint is, is to have the window all the way up or down when you pass them. This makes it harder for them to determine how dark the tint is opposed to a window that is half way down.

If your car is the red one in your avatar 35% should look good.

On the other hand if you don't care about tickets anymore, go 20 and 20 ;)

If you are worried about tickets, go with 35% front and back.

One way to prevent TPD from noticing how dark the tint is, is to have the window all the way up or down when you pass them. This makes it harder for them to determine how dark the tint is opposed to a window that is half way down.

If your car is the red one in your avatar 35% should look good.

On the other hand if you don't care about tickets anymore, go 20 and 20 ;)

Yah, i agree. I think 20% would look the best, but you are risking attention from the pork. To give you an idea, around 20% is what comes OEM on back windows of explorers.

What you guys think of 35 front 20 back?

Well, it's completely up to you since it is your car haha, but I personally would stick with the same percentage front and back. I just prefer the uniform finish, but the difference in 35 and 20 might not be a huge difference. Your car will look better no matter what your tint is. I have never seen a vehicle that doesn't look better with window tint.

They are pretty much trying to say that they don't care about your safety, they only care about the safety of the police. :lol:

Well, we don't exactly have too many drive-by shootings. NH isn't really that populated compared to a bunch of other states where it's legal.

We do however have hunting accidents. That's about as close to a gang shooting that we have around here.

And if they're so worried, maybe the state should stop buying them chargers. The town beside me has crashed 3 of them within a year.

Archived